electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
mitsubishi Vs-60703 Need Help
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pdcjd

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: mitsubishi Vs-60703 Need Help Reply with quote

HI. I need help. I am having problems with this television. It worked fine and had a very good picture. Now it will not turn on at all. I push the on button on the remote or the on button on the tv itself. It makes no difference. The only thing I hear is the click on and off. The light on the front comes on and stays lit. Just green not blinking. I tried to do a code check by pushing the input and menu at the same time and nothing happens. I took the back apart and see no burnt components. All the IC look good none of them appear to be swollen. I can see that the bottom of the base of the lamps appear to be getting power. They have a very small glow to them. It is as if they are not getting full power. The lamps do not light at all. I tried to check voltage on the board. I do not have a digital volt meter. I only have one that has little lights that go from 12v to 480v. I got 120V at the control board and power connection. I went ground to fuse on all four fuses and I can only get what looks like 12v. Is this correct? The fuses look like they are rated for 120v. I may be reading them wrong. If there is anyone that can help me I would appreciate it.
minnie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check D974 in the power supply or look for fluid on the boards.
pdcjd

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:43 am    Post subject: my tv Reply with quote

I have looked over the boards and do not see any sort of fluid leak. I will have to try to find the area you are talking about. Will look at it in the morning
pdcjd

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: D974 Reply with quote

Hi I looked all over the board. I can't seem to find D974. I know it has to be there but I just can't find it. I saw D973, D972, D975. Could you tell me where to look on the board? What is it and how to check it. I sould probably just give up. I was just hoping to keep this tv for a couple more years.

Should I be getting 120V from the fuses?

Thanks for responding Minnie
pdcjd

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Could you tell me what the part number would be? Reply with quote

I was wondering if you could tell me what the part number would be for the power deflection board? If I can't fix it I was going to try to locate one. If it is not to expensive. I probably will not have to much luck finding one though. I figure they have probably been used up. I have seen that lost of people have had problems with these tv's.

Thanks for trying to help me.

David
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I show its a VZ5 chassis but can't find any info...
pdcjd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:05 am    Post subject: Need Help Reply with quote

I was wondering if any one could help me. I am trying to find a power board for this tv. Mitsubishi VS-60703. The number of the board is 930B846. I have look all over and have not had any luck. Please let me know if you can help.
minnie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

930B846006
pdcjd

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: mitsubishi tv vs-60703 Reply with quote

I am still looking at fixing this set. I had a couple of questions. As I stated before. It seems that the set wants to come on but it will not. The green light on the front stays lit. The tubes in the bottom of the set show a very faint amber glow like maybe they are not getting proper voltage. I see now visual problems on the boards. I have checked for loose connections and have found none. I check all the fuses and they all seem to be good. When i check the first fuse I get 120v. The rest seem to shoe 12v. Is that normal. It looks like the board says 125v at there locations. Am I wrong on this? Is it supposed to be 12v on the other three fuses?. I am thinking the board might be ok. I was wondering if the fly back transformer may be bad or if it may be the high voltage splitter. What is the proper way to check these. would a regular volt meter work? What voltage should I Get?
I know there is current going through the splitter because I can put the back of my had close to the wire coming of the top of it and feel the static electricity. I am trying to find out the best way to go about replacing the parts. The board cost about 150 shipped. The fly back about 50 and about 70 for the splitter. I would rather not by all three. If anybody has had the same problem as me please let me know what the fix was. This tv has a great picture. Never had any issues with lines on the screen or convergence problems. I was told by the previous owner that it would cut itself off after you turn it on. It seemed to work fine for me. That is until I left it plugged in. I use to unplug it after each use because I was afraid of the unknown. It sits in our garage. My kids turned it off one night but did not unplug it. It stayed that way for a few days. I noticed it and turned it on. The green light blinked on for a moment then went out. I tried to turn it on again and the green light came on and stayed on this time but nothing else happened. That is still what it does to this day. I have tried to push the buttons on the front to run a test but that does not seem to work with this set. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would pay someone to come out and fix it but I have heard that all they do is tell you that you have to replace this board and that board. If that does not work they just tell you to keep replacing things. That is not a tech. If it is where do I sign up at.
minnie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minnie wrote:
930B846006

This is the part number for the power supply/deflection board.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия