electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Onkyo TX-SR606 HDMI Video Repair
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bassprocm

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:15 am    Post subject: Onkyo TX-SR606 HDMI Video Repair Reply with quote

I have an Onkyo TX-SR606 that is in need of video repair. The HDMI ports no longer consistently pass 1080p video to the TV (10% success rate); a 'No Signal' message appears on the receiver and nothing is displayed on the TV. When the video is bumped down to a lower resolution (ie. 1080i) video is displayed. I have tried the device(s) connected directly to the TV with success and have also tried resetting the receiver with no avail, so it is definitely a receiver hardware related issue.

Unfortunately, I cannot find my receipt so sending it back to Onkyo for repair under the warranty is most likely not an option.

Can anybody give me advice on how to repair the hardware myself?

Thank You!
jts1957

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you pay for it with a credit card? Wink
Justmanuals

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $10.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from http://www.justmanuals.com

[email protected]

Need a manual now? Instant Download
http://www.justmanuals.com
bassprocm

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jts1957 wrote:
Did you pay for it with a credit card? Wink

Yes...but unfortunately it was at Circuit City a year ago Confused

@Justmanuals: what exactly will the parts & service manual give me? Will this tell me what part of the receiver's board needs work?

Thanks
vtech

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do have any document (including Credit card Rct.) that shows the date of purchase, it is a valid document for warranty purposes. Only thing is it has to be an authorized dealer and I believe Circuit City was--regardless if they are no longer around.
Since their receivers have a 2 yr Manuf warranty, before you get too involved with trying to fix it yourself, get in touch with them first.
Service manual does not tell you anything about what to fix and unless you have at least some technical ability(including SMD soldering which is required), it is not something you want to try. I have some specific technical info in this regard.

Check with them and post back.
Justmanuals

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're a tech and you know how to read a schematic and understand electronics it will.

Need a manual now? Instant Download
http://www.justmanuals.com
bassprocm

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everybody. I'll keep you updated. My roommate is an electrical engineer, so if worst comes to worst I'm hoping if I show him the service manual he'll have what he needs.

Thanks again!
bassprocm

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vtech wrote:
If you do have any document (including Credit card Rct.) that shows the date of purchase, it is a valid document for warranty purposes. Only thing is it has to be an authorized dealer and I believe Circuit City was--regardless if they are no longer around.
Since their receivers have a 2 yr Manuf warranty, before you get too involved with trying to fix it yourself, get in touch with them first.
Service manual does not tell you anything about what to fix and unless you have at least some technical ability(including SMD soldering which is required), it is not something you want to try. I have some specific technical info in this regard.

Check with them and post back.

Forgot to thank you for the advice; I really appreciate it Smile
edkern

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:54 am    Post subject: How to fix the HDMI switching and OSD issue Reply with quote

Don't bother paying money for the answer when information on the internet is free. I had this problem and fixed it myself. This is how to do it:

I made a video on youtube called "How to fix an onkyo receiver - TX-SR606"
Srinath

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:38 am    Post subject: TX sr 805 needing a firmware update Reply with quote

I'll look @ the youtube video, but I have a TX SR 805 onkyo that needs a firmware update. I hope its nothing else.
Thanks.
Srinath.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия