electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Picture adjustment Toshiba 15V31D

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
solderboy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Picture adjustment Toshiba 15V31D Reply with quote

I have a new Toshiba 15V31D TV set and I'm not fully satisfied with the picture. The visible part of the picture is too small (like it's zoomed in) and the picture "hangs" vertically (arced downwards).
I dont have a service manual for this specific model, but this site has some other manuals of similar Toshiba sets (like the 14N21ES) and the adjustments described are almost the same in all manuals. The service menu is also the same. So I guess I can also use those manuals.

The problem: The service menu has no item for horizontal size. There's only one for vertical size. Also, the service manual does not describe how to adjust the horizontal size. How can I do this?
And how can I correct the picture geometry? Do I have to adjust this directly at the tube?

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Picture adjustment Toshiba 15V31D Reply with quote

I wouldn't bother if new as is shoud be alright and return if not happy with picture as could invalidate the warranty.
I don't think the width is adjustable on this model.
I uploaded the manual for 15V11D as this seemed to be the nearest I had for your reference.
solderboy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not that bothered with the picture that I'd send it back (I got it over the internet and dont want to wait for weeks to get a new one). And I don't think a replacement set would be any better. I just hoped I could do some small corrections myself. Thanks for the manual.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:40 am    Post subject: Picture adjustment Toshiba 15V31D Reply with quote

Even although you bought it off the internet you can take it to any Toshiba dealer and have it repaired under warranty and if they refuse and/or just contact Toshiba direct and they will contact the dealer on your behalf and tell you where to take it to. A dealership is a contract to service their products and the repairer is financed under the warranty claim back scheme.
While I was employed by a dealer we had repaired many products purchased elsewhere under warranty.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия