electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Dell Inspiron 1150 Motherboard Circuit Layout

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Dell Inspiron 1150 Motherboard Circuit Layout Reply with quote

I have just replaced the power jack connection on my laptop due to false contact or cold weld. Seems the sawder will not make contact to the eroded board connection. I was looking for a circuit board layout or blueprint so that I can sawder a wire and jump it to the next good connection. Can anyone help?
Justmanuals

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already answered this post on the other forum. See that.

Need a manual now? Instant Download
http://www.justmanuals.com
Billy Mays

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:19 am    Post subject: Not Helpful Reply with quote

I understand that people are encouraged or rather expected to conduct a search of the forums for the answer first, but there's no reason to be a jerk about it. Good job being a snarky toolbag.
Justmanuals

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're a day late and a buck short Billy Mays. Besides you're dead too.
Why should I have to post multiple answers because the original poster posted in multiple places?
jts1957

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sham-on. Laughing
cnfix

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here it is, DELL Inspiron 1150 schematic diagram: http://www.laptopschematic.com/dell-inspiron-1150-schematic-diagram/ , but not free, 5.5$
ab8ru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Dell Inspiron 1150 Motherboard Circuit Layout Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
I have just replaced the power jack connection on my laptop due to false contact or cold weld. Seems the sawder will not make contact to the eroded board connection. I was looking for a circuit board layout or blueprint so that I can sawder a wire and jump it to the next good connection. Can anyone help?

Mind if I ask what kind of solder you are using Question

I know from experience that there is some really poor cheap solder that does a poor job, and definitely do not use acid core solder it will eat away at your repair job, I will reccomend that you use a rosin core and one company makes a very good 5 core solder.

Also invest in some flux paste . I know a supplier that is retail and I never had any trouble with theirs, but a Pro company has a Brand called Kester and ther are several suppliers out there.

Also are you using a good quality soldering iron Question

Ill give you a quick list

Weller

Whal

Ungar

there may be others also check the tip if its not dirty .

BTW for everyone reading this post.. Advice do not attempt to repair a MOBO ( MOther BOard ) they are layered and if you do not have the right equiptment to begin with and its ofter better just to replace the MOBO compleatley (sic) they are layered like a sandwich, and solder does not go where its intended, and will cause problems.
Acredited Ham V.E.

Want to be a Electronics Engineer ?
FalconFour

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justmanuals wrote:
You're a day late and a buck short Billy Mays. Besides you're dead too.
Why should I have to post multiple answers because the original poster posted in multiple places?

Perhaps, then, you should have flagged this topic for deletion to begin with. It would appear that the person whom you're responding to actually found this topic via searching, and at the time, only found a dead-end at "I answered this in the other topic" - with no link to the other topic. There would be no way to look for "the other topic" if this was the only one that turned up a result.

Just sayin' - if you're referring to "the other post", you can probably save a hundred people a good amount of frustration by just posting a link to the other topic instead of filling that link space with how annoyed you are with duplicate posts. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия