electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Samsung HLN467WX/XAA Unique No Power Problem
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xploitz

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Samsung HLN467WX/XAA Unique No Power Problem Reply with quote

Hi. First time viewer and poster here at these forums. I hope somebody can help me.

I have a Samsung DLP TV that I inherited from my brother. It was made clear to me that it didn't work anymore. I figured I have a $3000 TV for the first time in my life and I want it to work!

Model # HLN467WX/XAA

It wont turn on. What I mean is that the color wheel wont spin, the fans wont run, the lamp wont turn on. Its like its not getting power...but it is. I noticed that on power up that the green lamp light will blink twice before the TV "shuts down. I hear the relay click from the power button. I can hear what sounds to be a very high pitched whining sound like a camera charging up sound that seems to be coming from the ballast. But then after just a couple of seconds....nothing...it just powers off and doesn't try to start up again on its own. I have to press the power button to try the cycle again, and its always the same unhappy ending no matter if I unplug it and plug it back in or if I press and hold down the power button. Nothing. No life in it.

What test can I try to determine what part I need to replace? And what do you suspect to be the problem?

Fans wont fun, lamp wont light up, and color wheel wont spin.

Thanks for your help.

James
Xploitz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: Samsung HLN467WX/XAA Unique No Power Problem Reply with quote

Anything guys? Anything I can test to help me find out why my TV wont "power up"?

The odd thing is that the fans dont run, the color wheel wont spin and the lamp wont light. All I get is that I can hear the ballast "charging up". You know, that high pitched whining sound like an old flash camera makes. What would cause all of these parts not to run?

I can see a green light on the back of what I "think" is the digital board. So there's power flowing.....hmmmm.

Please offer me any test to try or suggestions.
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take the back off and see if the capacitors on the ballast are puffed up. The ballast is the small board the lights the lamp.
Xploitz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minnie wrote:
Take the back off and see if the capacitors on the ballast are puffed up. The ballast is the small board the lights the lamp.

minnie wrote:

The capacitors don't appear to be swollen or leaking anything. I even looked at the itty-bitty ones. It was very dusty, but I blew it off pretty good for the pic. Here's a pic of the front and back.>>>>

Since I got the ballast torn out...is there any volt ohm meter test I can preform on it??? Question
Xploitz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pix arent showing up using the img tags...hmmm.. Anyways, heres the links to the pix of my ballast.

http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/8929/p1050154.jpg

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/2894/p1050155.jpg
Xploitz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I just tested the ballast.

Coming from the power board (the blue and brown wire) to the ballast. I obtained a reading of 216VDC on initial power on, and dropped to a "steady" 180VDC. I don't know what the standard DC voltage is for the ballast to receive but I "think" this is enough? The power only stayed on for 2-3 seconds before it shutdown. Still, no lamp...no fans, no color wheel life. Oh, and the ballast only made one "click" which was after what i believe was the tv shutting itself down.
minnie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the lamp light?
Xploitz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minnie wrote:
Does the lamp light?

minnie wrote:
Does the lamp light?

No, but I heard that the color wheel has to spin before the lamp will light and the color wheel won't spin nor will the fans run. And The lamp light is in pristine condition. Nice and shiny with no char spots or burn marks and the filament is intact. I don't hear but one "click" from the ballast and its usually a sec or 2 AFTER the TV powers down. Any ideas???
Xploitz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to mention.....

I don't think you can measure the voltage going to the lamp (excess of 10,000 volts?) but with the lamp pulled out, I know I don't see any spark "arc" at the lamp terminals...nor do I see anything on the ballast "glow" as Ive heard you are suppose to see. Does any of this make sense? Am I suppose to see an "spark arc" at the lamp connector?? If not...perhaps I have a bad ballast? Wish I knew a way to confirm if my ballast is bad.

Thanks for the help minnie.
minnie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The color wheel has to spin before the dmd sends out the lamp enable pulse. You could have a bad color wheel. PM me the version under the serial number or the serial number.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия