electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Yamaha RX-V520 Main Speaker not turning on

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jben0029

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:42 am    Post subject: Yamaha RX-V520 Main Speaker not turning on Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a Yamaha RX-V520 A/V receiver which up until recently worked fine. About a month ago one of the front channels started to become a bit flakey and eventually both L & R front channels stopped working. I have looked over the unit and the DIAG display shows PS PRT > 115 B before entering 1. ANALOG BYPAS menu. It does NOT shut down and I can go through the DIAG menus perfectly fine.

What does PS PRT > 115 B mean?

Further looking at the schematic I have found the I/O pin that controls the main speakers' relay (through a transistor, Q32), RY1, and after testing have found that it never goes above ~50mV, hence RY1 never switches the speakers on. Is this related to the PS PRT > 115 B message?

I'm not sure if this is a protection issue or if the uController controlling RY1 is screwed (which I think is unlikely since it's outputting ~4.8V for the other effect relay switching circuit).

I'm not sure what to check next or where to go from here. I haven't completely disassembled the unit, want to get a better idea of whether it's worth it or not.

Any help with this problem would be very much appreciated.

Cheers
James
jben0029

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again,

By bypassing the main speaker relay everything works great. Does anyone know if this might be the uController or some protection issue?

Cheers
James
ndw

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:11 pm    Post subject: RXV 520 Reply with quote

Hi,

I am also facing a problem with my RXV 520. I didn't use it for 7 months and when i tried to put the power back, it doesn't switch on anymore. Can you tell me where did you find the electronic drawings of the RXV520. I would like to have a look before going to after sales service.

Thank you in advance.
CatCam

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DIAG display shows PS PRT > 115 B means the voltage in the power supply section is abnormal.

On some Yamaha units in diagnostics mode it would read something like this: PSx PRT: 040 D

The 040 is % based upon 5V as 100%. i.e. the voltage would be 2.5V.

There is a key sequence on almost all Yamaha recievers, mine RX - V4600 is the "A/B/C/D/E" button, the Preset/Tuning > button, and the Power Switch at the smae time. Hold until the "sleep" starts blinking.

Sometimes you can run your Yamaha in this mode until it gets warmed up and then power off and back on and it will work normally. Sometimes the capacitors in the Power supply do not get their charge in time and the power supply is unstable for a little while until the unit is on for a while, once they are heated and charged to their respective Microfarad rating they are good to go.
Justmanuals

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $10.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from http://www.justmanuals.com

[email protected]

Need a manual now? Instant Download
http://www.justmanuals.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия