electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
pioneer plazma TV PDP5060HD repair questions and recomend.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coralcrazed

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: pioneer plazma TV PDP5060HD repair questions and recomend. Reply with quote

My Plazma is just about 3 years old... and now will not power on without immediatly powering off. once it powers off i get 10 blinking lights on the set. this TV came with a seperate reciever but no blinking lights on the reciever only the TV. Pioneer says that 10 blinking light is a code for "dc to dc proble" (very very vague). Also since its three years old it unfortunatly is out of warrantee. Sad its a high end TV so i spent thousands. i'm so pissed that Pioneer wont do anything to fix it and we've always heard of the saying you get what you paid for, right? well, I paid about 4x more for this TV than its leading competitor at the time of purchase and i got less years out of it than other less expensive units but thats discussion for another post I guess.

Anyway, I brought the TV in to a local TV repair place which told me that i need two parts "replaced"... they don't repair anything.

the two parts needed were:
1. the power supply board mo# axy1129
2. the HD digital assembly mo# aww1028

However, I thought they will fix the parts but they only replace the parts and install them into the TV. i than called Pioneer and found that the parts that they send out to this tech and all techs is referbished boards or ones already fixed not new. in fact, i could purchase the boards myself from them and the replacement of those boards look very easy to do. However, my main problem is I do not want to buy boards from pioneer a company that does not take care of thier customer base when it is thier customer that spends top dollar on what they think is a better product. Furthermore, Pioneer charges an additional $75 when you order the part from them but they give that back to you when you return ship your broken part as an incentive to get back brocken parts which they fix and resell as referbished.

So here's my questions:

1. first is it actually worth repairing a three year old TV or throw it out and buy a new one?

2. is there anyone who will buy back a TV whith known problems?

3. *** Does anyone actually fix these boards mentioned above rather than just replace them and call it a fix? If so, could you offer a recommendation for the tech. in my area? i live 1/2 hour north of New York City. so someone close to me would be preferable. i would be willing to send it out to a knowlegeble tech. and pay a fair price to get it fixed so if there is anyone that knows who does this please please please let me know.

4. assuming they can be fixed are parts for these boards even still available anymore?

5. perhaps there is someone out there that has a broken TV of the same model number that maybe has a broken screen or something and i can buy it from them for parts? please let me know.

6. Does anyone know if Pioneer is going out of buisness? perhaps this is why they won't take care of thier customers anymore.

Any further info or advice on this would be greatly appreciated and welcomed. thanks in advance for all of your help and insight.

CC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:49 am    Post subject: Wrath Reply with quote

I guess the expression "get off the pot or piss" comes to mind. The only person that can decide if it's worth fixing is you.
toolong

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:25 am    Post subject: Pioneer Reply with quote

The boards are not always refurbished from Pioneer, stock dependent.
I believe you answered your own question.

You have to pay to play.

We repair the boards all the time, however rarely cost effective even at minimum wage.

If you have a bad scan drive IC you will knock the board right out again if you don't disable drive to it first to check for other issues.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REALY, this is the expert advice? surely there must be some people here with knowlege they are willing to share???

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Pioneer Reply with quote

toolong wrote:
If you have a bad scan drive IC you will knock the board right out again if you don't disable drive to it first to check for other issues.

care to explain?
Wrath

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:56 am    Post subject: Wrath Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
REALY, this is the expert advice? surely there must be some people here with knowlege they are willing to share???

You want expert advice don't come to a free forum Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Wrath Reply with quote

Wrath wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

You want expert advice don't come to a free forum Twisted Evil

obviously no experts here... Shocked
Dan the TV man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: pioneer plasma Reply with quote

There is a company called PTS that will rebuild any board you send them.They have a website under PTScorp.phone-18008447871.It might be cheaper to find one of these tvs with a broken screen in eBay electronics.
coralcrazed

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally a real responce. thank you... I will give PTS a try. i think they are called ModusLinkPTS now... Have you had any personal expierience with them? Thanks
Dan the Tv man

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Pioneer plazma Reply with quote

Ive sent them like 10 boards,they are very professional,but sometimes a bit pricey.I buy broken lcd tvs here,and off of ebay usually.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия