electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Projection TV randomly switches from aux to ant mode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SOPHM

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:41 am    Post subject: Projection TV randomly switches from aux to ant mode Reply with quote

I have a 1987 Magnavox 46 inch projective TV Model# RJ8530AK03 that randomly switches from aux to ant mode after its been on, also the s-video scrolls.

Thanks to anyone that can help.
jts1957

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imagine that. A 22-year-old set that has some "quirks." Does the set work correctly both before the random switch occurs and after random switch (is it just a "switch" problem)?
Have you checked for loose connections and examined boards for bad solder joints?
SOPHM

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I not sure before this switching occured, but got this TV about a year and half ago and didnt know it had this problem till i went to use the aux and s-video. The TV works great and has a bright picture for the age of it. Its just that it switches from aux to ant mode and I checked two boards in it the deflection panel and power supply and none of the solder joints look bad but on the power supply someone did some soldering that left alot of rosin all over touching other connections. The TV has 2 aux inputs and both do the same. when the TV gets turned on from not being use the aux works but then after its been on and warmed up it starts to switch randomly. It doesnt stay on ant mode it just shows a quick glimpse of whats on the channel or other times it will have the sound from the ant mode and still show a quick glimpse of whats on the channel.
SOPHM

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its been cold this week around 40 degrees and I notice lately it switches from Aux to Antenna mode when cold . So it does it when cold and hot. But it will work once its warms up, But will start to switch after been running for few hours. I did resolder anything that was hooked to a heat sink, But still didnt fix problem.

So what could act up when its cold or Hot?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия