electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Xerox 5028 Copier
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: 5028 Feeder problems Reply with quote

fireman sam wrote:
Slacken off the 2 thum screws holding the Doc feeder to the copier, force the Doc feeder to the left, try to feed paper,if no good then to the right and feed paper. if it works it is the Doc feeder home switch and magnet out of alignment. switch at the rear of the copier, magnet on the Doc feeder.
Also push down on the rear left hand side of the feeder while trying to feed paper, this will move the magnet closer to the switch.If this works get back to me and i will take you through the adjustment (magnet to switch)
Aluwishous

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: xerox 5028 Reply with quote

can anyone tell me what a u9-5 error code means and if this is repairable ?
fireman sam

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: xerox 5028 Reply with quote

Aluwishous wrote:

The best thing to do with this one is to try the reset code 20-3.(Switch off.Press and hold down the 0 on the keypad and switch on.Enter 20 and start print (green button) then 3 and start print. (dn) will appear on the display.switch off switch on) also check that the black HT block on the side of the copy cartridge receiver has not come loose if it is repair with two bolts from the copy cartridge. regards fireman sam.
aluwishous

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject: Xerox 5028 Reply with quote

The auto document feeder is not working. I tried to shift the whole feeder slightly by loosening the bolts and moving it the the left like a prior advice giver had indicated to no luck.

Is there anything else I can do short of calling a service guy at $200 a visit.

Thank you in advance.
firemansam

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Xerox 5028 Reply with quote

aluwishous wrote:
The auto document feeder is not working. I tried to shift the whole feeder slightly by loosening the bolts and moving it the the left like a prior advice giver had indicated to no luck.

Is there anything else I can do short of calling a service guy at $200 a visit.

Thank you in advance.

Ok the logic is like this. The Doc feeder has seen the doc loaded ( hence the green light comes on ) but will not feed at start print,because it thinks the doc feeder is in the up position.(interlock sw open). So switch OFF. hold down the 0 on the console and switch on. enter 10 and startprint.enter 5 and startprint. the ready light should be green
fireman sam

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: 5028 Doc Feeder Reply with quote

(cont) If the ready light on the console is Red,wave a magnet over the rear/left of the cover (by the platten glass) the ready/not ready light should change,which would mean the reed switch under the cover is ok.Now with the doc feeder in the up position do the same but on the underside of the doc feeder (you should feel the opposing field of the magnet if its still there on the doc feeder) If this works ok it's down to adjustment of the Doc feeder to switch which is tricky if it out of allignment a lot. you could leave a thin magnet on the cover ( get back to me) regards Fireman sam
aluwishous

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Xerox 5028 Reply with quote

Fireman:

Your solution worked for a brief time [RE: re-programing] but my copier will not work with the automatic document feeder. The multiple sheet feeder light is green but neither the single sheet feeder nor the multiple sheet option works. I tried putting a calendar [refrigerator] type magnet on top of the document feeder and underneath the document feeder [in the left hand corner of the glass and this did no work either. So, do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you in advance
fireman sam

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: 5028 doc feed problems Reply with quote

Hi, sorry i have been away. Switch off, press hold 0, switch on.enter 5 then 3. the doc belt should run.press the red button on the console to stop.If the feeder runs it means the feeder is ok, if it does not you have electrical problems.if it runs enter 10 start print,and 5 start print. Wave the magnet over the rear left hand cover (by the platten glass) untill the ready light on the console (not the doc feeder) goes to green (Ready), stick magnet there with some blue tack and remember where it is located. Your doc feeder should work.if the doc feeder jams you will need to remove and replace the magnet, as this is also the jam reset switch.
regards Fireman sam

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: xerox 5028 Reply with quote

fireman sam wrote:
Aluwishous wrote:

The best thing to do with this one is to try the reset code 20-3.(Switch off.Press and hold down the 0 on the keypad and switch on.Enter 20 and start print (green button) then 3 and start print. (dn) will appear on the display.switch off switch on) also check that the black HT block on the side of the copy cartridge receiver has not come loose if it is repair with two bolts from the copy cartridge. regards fireman sam.

--thanks a lot.. worked for Xerox workcentre 5020
toweyj

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: clear LL fault code xerox 5028 Reply with quote

Copier was working fine 3days ago, now, now powering on cause immediate shutdown when codde LL briefly appears. How to fix or I will give away- Contact jim [email protected]
put xerox 5028 in subject line
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия