electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Canon L1 or EX-1 Hi-8 Canovision camcorder Service Manual

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spirou38

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Canon L1 or EX-1 Hi-8 Canovision camcorder Service Manual Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

I have two Canon L1 ( = Canon EX-1 ) broken down Sad ( my one and my brother's one ), so I’m looking for a Canon Canovision EX1 Hi-8 camcorder Service Manual.

Can anybody help me Question

Pascal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Hello, I have the same problem.
pleazzzz send it to
[email protected]
if you have one thanx. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Sad Hello, I have the same problem.
pleazzzz send it to
[email protected]
if you have one thanx. Wink

Have you got one ?

Pascal
Shakey.Jakey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:07 am    Post subject: EX-1 Manual Reply with quote

Looks like we are all on the hunt...does it exist anywhere? Please copy me if either a user manual or service guide is forthcoming.

many thanks

Jake

PS Doesn't anyone have a working EX-1? Are they all broken?
Tom Ahola

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a EX-1 that worked until it broke again after I fixed it. These EX-1 have bad electrolytic caps. Some have visible leakage, some you have to measure to find out if they are "dead".

Connect a series resistor (approx 1k) to a sine wave generator (approx 10kHz, 1Vpp) and connect probes. To the probes also connect an oscilloscope (maybe sync directly from generator). AC voltmeter can also do. Then with the probes go through the caps. If they work, they should strongly attenuate the signal. If they have dried out they have high impedance and attenuation is low.

I replaced some 20 caps with tantalum type. The camera worked for a while. Then the viewfinder died. I replaced more caps in the viewfinder. Again it worked. Now it failed again. Still have not opened the CCD unit, where there there might be more caps to replace.

Canon never did give out Service manuals, and for long now this camera is too old for Canon service to take them in, or provide spare parts.

Tom Ahola
manzo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:54 am    Post subject: i've got it too... Reply with quote

i have that canon camera, but i can't connect it to my pc to rip my videos from cassette to cd. on the manual there is write nothing... someone can help me? there are some drivers? i connect rightly the camera to the pc with s-video cable? byez
DAVETHERAVE

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: EX1HiE Reply with quote

Hi there, i was amazed to find this thread, alive and with current posts.
I have one of these cameras, but you guessed it was dead.
Having been dropped. Now i have coaxed it to turn on and play a tape, although i have no viewfinder output or svideo output, or composite.
The auto focus seems to work, so i'm guessing that i also will have the capacitor problem.
I would be very gratefull for some help as to how to open up the camera, so far i've only been into the top where the switches were, and don't want to just go taking screws out willy nilly.
In the meantime i'm going to dig out a hi8 tape i know has footage on it and try again.
DAVETHERAVE

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: SVIDEO CAMERA TO PC Reply with quote

For Manzo
Thought i would try to point you in the right direction.
connect camera to pc using svideo cable.
You will need a capture card in the pc like a hauppage pvr150
This will allow you to capture the output of your camera
All the drivers will come with the capture card (TV Card)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия