electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
sony avd-k800p speakers buzzing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawnfabiancollins

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: sony avd-k800p speakers buzzing Reply with quote

sony avd-k800p dvd player after about an hour will start buzzing in speakers or have a distorted sound
Pentode

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Presumably this had all been working normally and this fault developing.

Sounds like one of the output devices in the amplifier be it chips or transistors is breaking down..... or it could be a capacitor or regulator that is causing the problem.

From you description it sound like a screwdriver and test meter job at the bare minimum, a circuit diagram would help to determine the correct voltages etc.

Dave
Pentode

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I forgot to add...

... if the fault clears with the DVD player disconnected then the fault lies withing the DVD player itself AND NOT the amplifier, which would point down to a capacitor or regulator problem in the DVD player.

Dave
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replace the audio IC 903 #6-700-813-01
Marvin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:25 am    Post subject: perfect fix! Reply with quote

This thread saved my stereo from meeting the scrap bin... Exclamation Careful which IC903 you go after, I had removed an 8-pin SOIC on one board before the mystery part arrived in the mail... There is another IC903 on the main board, an insulated 5-pin TO-220 power package IC with no heatsink, that's the one, it's an easy fix.
Marvin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:09 am    Post subject: wait Reply with quote

Scratch my last post. Sad Buzzing is back. This thread wasted $30 and several hours of effort.
jts1957

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the solder joints on the main "+/-" power supply filter electrolytics.
anton chushev

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: perfect fix! Reply with quote

Marvin wrote:
This thread saved my stereo from meeting the scrap bin... Exclamation Careful which IC903 you go after, I had removed an 8-pin SOIC on one board before the mystery part arrived in the mail... There is another IC903 on the main board, an insulated 5-pin TO-220 power package IC with no heatsink, that's the one, it's an easy fix.
Whats up,man?
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:10 am    Post subject: Re: perfect fix! Reply with quote

anton chushev wrote:
Marvin wrote:
Whats up,man?

He didn't get the "free" info to fix it. So he spent $30 and it didn't solve the problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия