electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
part needed for SVA Plasma set

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rogginger

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:18 am    Post subject: part needed for SVA Plasma set Reply with quote

I have (2) 42" Plasma sets, model ED4206 manufactured by SVA. I have diagnosed the problems with both, have one repaired and know exactly what part I need to get the second going.

The power supply board (manufactured by Samsung) had a blown MOSFET and power supply IC. The Infineon MOSFET (SPA11N80C3) I can get all day from Digikey, Arrow, etc. The control IC I'm having a hard time finding. In fact, according to the original manufacturer (Fuji Electric) it has been discontinued. Here's the part:

FA5531 8 pin DIP
Fuji Electric
(Google FA5531, and the first search result is the pdf)

The display in this unit is an LG PDP42V7

The Samsung Plasma Power Supply is labeled:

L42V7
Part # PSPF401801A

The IC is used in two places on the board, IC 5000, IC 7000

I will need (2) of these little buggers, as I used one from the board to fix the other set. I have socketed the board and have had both sets running for a week straight (not at the same time, as that would require a parallel universe).

Needless to say SVA America is no help, as they want to sell me a complete PS for about $480.00. I'd prefer to find a couple of 8 pin chips first.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
rogginger

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it turns out I got the set going. I didn't have to pop for the $480 Power Supply Board either. I found what appears to be an equivalent part for the FA5531. ON Semiconductor has Quasi-Resonant power supply chips in the exact same form factor and pinout as the Fuji Electric part I couldn't get. I'd even go so far as to say that Fuji Electric copied the patented technology of ON's chip a little too closely and that led to it being discontinued so quickly. The part that worked is NCP1207P. Got it from DigiKey along with the MOSFET. The Plasma Set has been on now for 24 hours. I'll give it back to the customer in a few more days if it holds up!
nonmember

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject: L42v7 Reply with quote

Hiya
Sorry this is an enquiry not an answer, I Have a Sansui SV-EPD-4240BP which is not listed ANYWHERE that uses the same supply, this thing switches on to yello led only, if I pull plug CN801 off the board the set starts to function - sort of. I am in the middle of Mozambique and wonder if you could help find a diagram for this board.

All help will be appreciated

Regards

LArry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия