electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
philips 27cs6895 memory loss

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
80p18

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: philips 27cs6895 memory loss Reply with quote

My TV (Philips 27CS6895 08R) loses its memory (color, contrast, volume, programs) after it is switched off. Memory is not lost when TV is set to standby mode, but this happens when I use the power button to shut it down. Can anyone help me to find the way to fix this problem?
gary

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOUR FAULT IS THE MEMORY BACK UP BATTERY, IT IS A RECHARGEABLE BATTERY SOLDERED DIRECTLY TO THE BOARD, EITHER 1.2V OR 2.4V.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks gary for your quick response!
Where is this battery located precisely? How can I recharge it?
gary

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the battery is soldered directly to the board, it is usually white or yellow and either the same size or half the size of a AA battery depending on its voltage, it is recharged by the tv normally and will have to be replaced as it sounds like it has lost its ablilty to hold a charge
80p18

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you gary!
tib

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! Please help I have PHILIPS 27CS6895 ( not have user manual of it)with same problem, I have replaced the accu but analog settings( vol, bright, colour balance tone ) are still NOT memorised. Only station program memory is fixed. Thanks for sugestions! Tib
gary

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant remember ow to set the personal preferences but i think you press the open diamond button then set the col con and vol then press the pp button then the close diamond button. you may need to get a instruction book for it but it will not be a fault just button sequence to store
tib

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Gary for you instant respose! I don't understand what you mean 'diamond button'. Are you refering at remote control or front panel of tv set ? I am using a replaced remote control Crying or Very sad Thanks again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия