electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
phillips matchline 29" TV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jak

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:50 am    Post subject: phillips matchline 29" TV Reply with quote

Hi I justed started to get a squeezing of the picture to the right of the screen. The screen partially goes black and moves in towards the middle. It doesn't do this often and seems to flip back to the normal size picture but it seems to be getting worse. Any idea what the problem is please? is it going to die on me soon?

Thks

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: phillips matchline 29" TV Reply with quote

[quote="jak"]Hi I justed started to get a squeezing of the picture to the right of the screen. The screen partially goes black and moves in towards the middle. It doesn't do this often and seems to flip back to the normal size picture but it seems to be getting worse. Any idea what the problem is please? is it going to die on me soon?

Thks[/quote] Rolling Eyes Arrow Wink Crying or Very sad Laughing Surprised Sad Smile Very Happy Shocked Confused Cool Embarassed Razz Mad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Idea Exclamation Question
gary

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like you have a dry joint, try resoldering all the hv caps in the line output stage, these are prone to this problem, you need to do it before the line output transistor gets damaged.
bobqwerty

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is that the only solution

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, hv cap failure is also a possibility as is incorrect line drive but without knowing the exact model it is very difficult to suggest much else, dry joints are a very common fault on philips tvs, might be worth checking for djs on the scan coil connector on the coils themselves.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия