electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
N3235W viewsonic, need help please
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aliahme

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:19 am    Post subject: N3235W viewsonic, need help please Reply with quote

hello, can you help me with this please
i'm not a high Tech, but i do know some of the basics.
i got N3235W viewsonic, that died on me after 14 months.
-black screen, with red light on front, tried remote power button, no luck, power button on the LCD no luck, so when i plug the power back in, i get red light, but when i try to trun on the TV nothing happens.
-DVD in connected, no sound, no picture

i've opened the back and i could see the power supply, it looked fine.
ok so i got power coming in, so i have red light at front, which mean power supply ok????
what do you think, could it be the power supply, or the inverter board like other guys hard to replace?

thanks
Al
jts1957

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do search (above) for N3235W, at least two other threads, besides yours. Exclamation
minnie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:19 am    Post subject: Re: N3235W viewsonic, need help please Reply with quote

Did you try the search option? http://forum.eserviceinfo.com/viewtopic.php?t=29325&highlight=n3235w

aliahme wrote:
hello, can you help me with this please
i'm not a high Tech, but i do know some of the basics.
i got N3235W viewsonic, that died on me after 14 months.
-black screen, with red light on front, tried remote power button, no luck, power button on the LCD no luck, so when i plug the power back in, i get red light, but when i try to trun on the TV nothing happens.
-DVD in connected, no sound, no picture

i've opened the back and i could see the power supply, it looked fine.
ok so i got power coming in, so i have red light at front, which mean power supply ok????
what do you think, could it be the power supply, or the inverter board like other guys hard to replace?

thanks
Al
aliahme

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:54 am    Post subject: N3235W viewsonic, need help please Reply with quote

thank you guys for your help.
ok, i have a N3235W, and the symptoms it got, front red light comes On as soon as i plug in the power cord. i've tried pressing the power button on the panel, and nothing, i mean no humming, no sounds of any kind, and same red light, and tried pressing volume keys menu key on the panel note i'm not using the remote control yet.
ok so same story back again with the RC, same result.
then opened it, had a look at the power supply for any indications for what the guys were taking about other models of viewsonic 32" N3260W where the guy had a PS issue, so he could see some blown resisters, and i don't have that.
i've disconnected the power button on the panel just to see, and nothing

other guy had a N3235W which is same, but he is talking about inverter board, and that's what i'm wondering about? but he had sound coming out, no picture, no mentions of red/ green light at front
to me when i see the red light at the front, it gives me assurance my PS is ok.
aliahme

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:09 am    Post subject: N3235W viewsonic, need help please Reply with quote

ok so i'm getting the 5V standby mode, does that mean my power supply is ok??
thanks
minnie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have your 5 volts that means the power supply is working. The 5 volts goes to the micro and when you push the power button it's supposed to turn on the micro to create the voltages for the secondary. I would suspect the digital main board is bad.
aliahme

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minni thank for your reply, i really appreciated. ok so you think it's the digital main board, any idea what the part number be? or model ?
thanks a lot
aliahme
aliahme

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: N3235W viewsonic, need help please Reply with quote

minnie, what do i need to do to confirm the digital board is gone? any way for troubleshooting?
yes, i'm not getting 12V,24V of the PS, i'm only getting 5V for the stand by mode.
thanks
aliahme

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:38 am    Post subject: Re:N3235W viewsonic, need help please Reply with quote

minnie, should i risk it and order a Digital video board, what do you think?
JTS1957, with all respect, i've looked over the internet inside out, so i didn't miss that, but as you see there no body went had N3235w symptoms like mine. i really appreciate any feedbacks so i can get this baby back to work
thanks
train123

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds more like the power supply is gone. Check the model number off the power supply and search for related posts here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия