electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
CD READING PROBLEM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MIKEOMZ1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: CD READING PROBLEM Reply with quote

HI ..I HAVE A JVC COMPACT COMPONENT SYSTEM. MX-G700R.IT IS A THREE CD SYSTEM..IT WILL NOT RECOGNISE ANY CDS IN THE TURNTABLE AT ALL..I HAVE TRIED A CD LENS CLEANER TO NO AVAIL..CAN ANYONE HELP ME.EVRYTHING ELSE IS WORKING PERFECTLY..THANKS .MIKE
gary

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE PICKUP IS PROBABLY U/S BUT IT MIGHT BE WORTH CHECKING THE SPINDLE MOTOR FOR BEING SLUGGISH, A GOOD SPINDLE MOTOR SHOULD HAVE A RESISTANCE OF APPROX 14 OHMS.
MIKEOMZ1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:34 am    Post subject: CD READING PROBLEM Reply with quote

PART 2

IT IS NOW PLAYIN SELECTIVELY AT RANDOM .AND THEN NOTHING AT ALL.COULD YOU BREAK IT DOWN AND SIMPLIFY WHAT YOU THINK IT COULD BE ,TO ENABLE ME TO OPEN IT UP AND HAVE A LOOK .IF ITS NOT TOO MUCH TROUBLE.IAM NOT FAMILIAR WITH (U/S), OR (PICK UP), OR (SPINDLE MOTOR)..MAYBE I SHOULD JUST TAKE IT TO THE REPAIR SHOP.BUT I LIKE TO FIX THINGS AND WOULD LIKE TO LEARN IF I CAN...CHEERS.MIKE
sparky

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:51 am    Post subject: CD READING PROBLEM Reply with quote

The other gent meant the laser assembly or the motor that spins the disk as being under suspision.
You could try a DVD cleaner rather than a C.D cleaner disk though as I had a similar problem in my car recently and could not be bothered to remove it as it is built in. The C.D cleaner did not work and tried a DVD one instead and this did the trick with a little isopropynol (c.d cleaner fluid) on the pads on the cleaning disk. The DVD one had much chunkier pads containing brushes and made a better job of cleaning the laser but only use for a short time as the C.D will spin like the devil due to the fact it does not recognise the disk.
MIKEOMZ1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:02 am    Post subject: CD READING PROB. Reply with quote

CHEERS SPARKZ.I'LL GIVE THAT A TRY.THANKS.MIKE
MIKEOMZ1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:27 am    Post subject: CD READING PROB Reply with quote

ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE RELLY HELPFUL ALSO??..CHEERS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия