electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Chip-Level Repair Of Computer Motherboard & Laptop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
santapg

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:15 am    Post subject: Chip-Level Repair Of Computer Motherboard & Laptop Reply with quote

hi Every one.

I am Sandip Golani Electronics Engineer from Kolkata India, Having my own business in chip-level repairing of Computer Motherboard, Laptop and other peripherals, so any one having any problem related to motherboard repair i can surly help, over mail. I am into chip-level repairing since last 17 years.
please visit my web site www.compudrivesystem.com for furter details of my company and activities.

Thanks
santapg

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject: No one to attend this tropic Reply with quote

No electronics Lover
ramjimh

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a HP pavilion TX1000 (TX1129ae)Laptop.There is no display in that.Checked RAM.Disassembled and reseated the cpu,wireless card etc...After assembling still no display.Need solution.

With Regards,

Ramji
FalconFour

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramjimh wrote:
I have a HP pavilion TX1000 (TX1129ae)Laptop.There is no display in that.Checked RAM.Disassembled and reseated the cpu,wireless card etc...After assembling still no display.Need solution.

With Regards,

Ramji

Much as I may sympathize with your TX1000 problem (a VERY common problem in that tablet PC that HP never acknowledged), can you at least have the decency to create your own topic instead of bumping a 2-year-old topic not even related to your issue? Laughing

Actually, I take that back, it rather is. The issue with the TX1000 is that the graphics controller (or the GPU-integrated northbridge, I forget) is poorly designed and broke contact off the board via overheating. You're pretty much hosed aside from having the chip reflowed by a board repair setup (check eBay). Or raising a stink with HP for their ridiculously poor design and lack of support.

See, HP acknowledged an issue with the DV-series laptops with the same issue. They had the same failing chips in them, and HP issued a warranty extension for those (I believe 1 year past the original warranty expired), but the TX1000 wasn't included in the extension, even though it has the same problem.

It's a great little computer - cooling is a little poorly designed (hence why yours failed), but otherwise a great system. I've had the opportunity to "resurrect" a failed TX1000 before, but it died not 2 days later (before it even got out of the shop). Hope you can get yours working again! Smile
kishore hyderabad

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:09 am    Post subject: tft monitor power problem Reply with quote

i have 17 inches viewsonic tft monitor suddenly the power of the monitor will go off it will be restarted continuicely ie power on and off cont.. plz do favour
hajnrih

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:29 am    Post subject: SOLUTION Reply with quote

OK. Its an adm turion laptop with a sis chipset. There is nothing wrong with the motherboard. The problem is in the chipset. The flashes mean that some of the solder balls under the sis chipset is damaged. The solution is very simple. If you have a hot air gun or a simle home hair dryer you can fix it.

first take the laptop apart all the way to the bare motherboard.
locate the main chipset.
take a piece of aluminium tin foil and wrap the motherboard - it helps dispence the heat.
take a knife and cut out the tin foil in a square where the chipset is located.
take the hair dryer or if you have a hot air gun set it to 330 degrees celzius and air flow to 5.
heat the chipset for about 3 minutes making slow passes over the chipset.
do not hold the air gun on one place long because you will damage the chipset.
after heating it let it air cool for about 10-15 minutes.
Plug everything back in and turn on the laptop. it should work just fine.
if you get the same problem again repeat the procedure.
For better thermal conductivity be sure to apply thermal paste on the cpu the main chipset and the vga chipset and you can use an extra copper plate.

THIS IS A RULE FOR ALMOST ALL LAPTOPS THAT HAVE A AMD TURION CPU, SIS CHIPSET AND AN NVIDIA VGA. IF YOUR LAPTOP TURNS ON BUT THERE IS NO PICTURE THIS IS ALSO THE SOLUTION ONLY APPLIED TO THE VGA CHIPSET - NVIDIA OR ATI OR SIS.

HOPE THIS HELPS.

CHEERS
hajnrih

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 1:36 am    Post subject: ???? Reply with quote

Any feedback on the advice I gave? Positive negative no matter. Did it work?
Anybody?
laptop expert

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Chip-Level Repair Of Computer Motherboard & Laptop Reply with quote

Why are you so confident???..I can give you 10 motherboards but I challenge you can not repair even one..
darkstorm

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:49 am    Post subject: chip leveling Reply with quote

hi guyz

I just need help from the experts. i just want to learn a step by step methods
of motherboard fault finding..hope there someone can help. i want to learn how to test the ic's and chips. how to use the multimeter. sorry im really zero knowledge on this..thank you in advance...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия