electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Spam from EddieTrr?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IcarosSW

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:30 am    Post subject: Spam from EddieTrr? Reply with quote

I just received the following mail on the forum.
Any comments? I guess, banning the user is of no use as he will show up under new name or?

To: IcarosSW
Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:25 am
Subject: Secure your cumputer!
Dear, IcarosSW!

There are viruses' activities from your computer! Highly recommend you to scan your computer for malicious and potentially unwanted software. If you do not follow this, I will have to make a complaint to your Internet Service Provider with attached log file (your IP address, etc.). If you want to find a report about your computer's security and solve every problem with it, please click here:

http://www.virus-total.in/detected/IcarosSW

This is an online service that you can use for free spyware removal. Use it to scan your computer to help protect, clean, and keep your computer running at its best. Use the free scan to check for and remove viruses, spyware, and other potentially malicious software and to find vulnerabilities or shortcomings in your Internet security.

Thank you. Yours truly, Edmond Taylor.
georgekamal

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear admin and mods , i m also got the same message from the same person...

"Dear, georgekamal!

There are viruses' activities from your computer! Highly recommend you to scan your computer for malicious and potentially unwanted software. If you do not follow this, I will have to make a complaint to your Internet Service Provider with attached log file (your IP address, etc.). If you want to find a report about your computer's security and solve every problem with it, please click here:

http://www.virus-total.in/detected/georgekamal

This is an online service that you can use for free spyware removal. Use it to scan your computer to help protect, clean, and keep your computer running at its best. Use the free scan to check for and remove viruses, spyware, and other potentially malicious software and to find vulnerabilities or shortcomings in your Internet security.

Thank you. Yours truly, Edmond Taylor."

----and i have tried to open the link page but my anti virus blocked his site and says as "Reported Attack Site!

This web site at 94.xxx.xx.xxx has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack sites try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.

Some attack sites intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners."

...now my question is...is this guy spamming the board? or trying to spread the virus to all members of this forum? or trying to steal some thing from the member's computers?
if yes, then why the mods r admin r allowed this types of guys in this great forum?
regards-george

soory for my poor english!
OldIBMer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The name is changed...pretty much the same lame pitch:
------------------------
Inbox :: Message
To: OldIBMer
Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:45 am
Subject: Hello!
Dear, forum member!

http://www.total-scan.com/detected/OldIBMer

Thank you. Yours truly, David Torres.
georgekamal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why the hell this types of idiots still alive in forum? where is admin and mods? Embarassed
brassic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive had the same type of message too. It reads,

Subject: Attention! Quote message
Your computer was noticed in email spam. It is quite possible that it is a part of botnet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Botnet). Strongly recommend you to scan your computer for malware. You can do it online, for example, at:

http://virus-total.in/detected/spammers/brassic

Please, follow this. Otherwise I have to send abuse mail to your ISP with all the ensuing consequences.
Thank you, Joan Davis.

This person needs banning as I checked his profile and he,s still live.
brutal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://10minutemail.com/

Change your email to fake address, no broblems anymore...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия