electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
too short flyback wire repair

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wjd03

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:03 am    Post subject: too short flyback wire repair Reply with quote

ok all, need some help here, i am catching a devil of a time getting the red flyback wire to catch. had to take it out several times to check soldered pins. now i cant get the darn thing(red lead) to catch, and afraid it is getting to short!!!
help
jts1957

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brand/Model/what trying to "catch?"
wjd03

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I should have been specific, Its the RCA D52W19 I have been working on. The flyback (red) wire is getting short from trying to ckech board for poor soldering. Any ideas?
minnie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used tooth picks and silicone when I had too.
wjd03

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:11 am    Post subject: How? Reply with quote

Thanks Minnie, but how did you do that? When I try to send the wire in the shoot to the bottom, it wont stay, it used to seat in the proper pin hole but now I am getting the same power problems as before (before I replaced the flyback). I have ordered another flyback because I had the power back on before I had to remove the cables and flip the board and check solder joints. Any ideas? or will a new flyback be a better solution?
minnie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The catch in the flyback might be shot, 240966 is the part # for a new anode lead.
wjd03

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:25 pm    Post subject: fixed it Reply with quote

This is so amazing!!!! I fixed it! Nice picture clean, after a convergance adjustment. I ordered a new Flyback but I wanted to give the other (new ) one -one more try. I found that the Red wire going into it had broken wherer it seats inside. I had to drill a hole through the long insulator to see it , pulled it out and seated the wire back into it, and wala! But as I thought might happen, voltage is slipping out. I need to put epoxy where the drill hole is to seal it and I am done. I would like to thank everyone who guided me through this from what to look for to the right parts to order. This is awsome!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия