electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Philips DVD player - power won't stay on

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brian3000

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:06 am    Post subject: Philips DVD player - power won't stay on Reply with quote

Philips MX3950D/37 5-disc DVD/Surround player. When you plug in: Power Light (Green) comes on, then Standby Light (Red), then power off.
It just keeps looping through this cycle until unplugged. All you can hear is the relay clicking on the power supply board. Any ideas?
dolescle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really familiar with DVD's players,but problems like this seems to be
to be on the power supply section,In my case it was an amplifier,which keeps on turning on then off after half a second or so..It turns out to be a shorted component in the power supply transformer,,but in your case there could be a
shorted transistor in the power supply,if your a bit techi you could try to check it out yourself,,hope this helps..
unedge

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: same problem Reply with quote

has anyone found a solution to this problem? please post it or send oespone @ gmail.com a reply. i would appreciate it.
john doe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:10 am    Post subject: philips mx 3950d Reply with quote

well since I send this baby for a check up they were charging me close to $100 bucks to fix it more that I get it for so I figure to find the problem myself and find out that actually the amplifier was the problem Idea so I disconnect it and it work Laughing even tough that you have no access to the speaker connection but you can still used it, Wink I just connect it to my receiver and it sounds good........... good luck

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was having the same problem with mine. Red light and clicking. It works perfectly the few times that I am able to get the green light to stay on.

So I took off the case...as soon as I pluged the unit in with the case off it worked perfect. So as I tried to put the case back on I some how shorted the card the the power cord attaches to.

Now I am searching for a new card....I do not even know what it is called or what to look for.

For kickers I have five of my favorite DvD's stuck in the player.....if anyone has any information on what the card is called....the one which the power cord goes into..please let me [email protected]
Cooper24

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem. Struggled for weeks. I posted on forums, downloaded service repair manuals, and never got anywhere. I did find out that this problem is common with this player and typically shows up after the warranty ends. Same thing happened to me. i broke down and paid $125 to have it fixed. it was a real toss up since you can buy halfway decent systems for this price. Sorry not to be much help other than telling you how much you will pay if you want it fixed.

BTW - you can download the service manual from this site for free. They have color pictures and schematics. Too bad I know nothiong about electrnic repair. Do a search for MX3950D. It is a little tricky the way you have to download the files (there are 11 files). It will even tell you how to get your DVDs out.
Cooper24

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you know what you need, you can go to "partstore.com" and search for that model DVD. I think they have every spare part listed. Good luck

http://www.partstore.com/ModelDetail.aspx?PageState=1&MfgID=147&ModelID=417531
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия