electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Ilo PDP4210EA1 42" Plasma Black screen s-video to comp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doccbst

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: Ilo PDP4210EA1 42" Plasma Black screen s-video to comp Reply with quote

Nice forum and after reading several post I'm getting closer but totally new at Plasma TV repair, so here's the whole story & hope you can help:

I was connecting computer to s-video and lost screen. This previously had worked fine. On power up the red LED on tuner board blinks once, the led on front of unit shows green and an internel green led between boards and panel is glowing.
I can hear hum from y and x/z sustain boards and and the power board and heatsinks get barely warm. Power cuts off after about 5-7 minutes.
I don't see the logic board but it is listed so I guess it is behind the control board.
I am not a tech so just hoping to leggo my way through this affordably by replacing the needed boards, or some simple soldering.
From what I have researched this could be in any of the boards with the power board most likely, "BUT" of course my fear is to blow replacements or end up spending $ and still have junk.

After checking power supply pin outs they all showed within listed (+-) limits on the board.

On power up there are 2 noticeable clicks originating from power board.
I imagine one is power on and second is fault halting further system initializing.
So, although the P board is outputting required voltages it will not feed to logic and Y, X/Z boards or one or both is faulty.
I am not sure how to check other boards and ILO does not exist now. So no hopes of a service manual (at least I can't google one).
I guess my next step is to disconnect all output cables and see if still have 2 clicks then reconnect one at a time to isolate the faulty circuit

The switches will power on unit, change inputs, and volume.
The remote will power on unit, change inputs, and volume.
There appears to be no fuses except fire prevention ceramic fuses rated at 250V & these are all good.
Supposedly this was manufactured by Akai, or Funai (the same model # but as obscure as ILO) but the only crossover I see on parts is a few LG models.
This unit was a Walmart brand with a hodge podge of apparently decent components and has been a good TV until now with a few quirks I will list:
audio would fade out or just quit w/cable TV, now using satellite digital box and no problem.
Attempting to program universal remote it would add 1 or 2 blank inputs at the end of sequence (av/s-video, hdmi menu) untill unplug reset on/off.
Occasionally would freeze controls from remote, no volume, channel, input untill reset.

Heres the main boards and prices add up to almost a new TV.
Any guidance and help appreciated.
doccbst
ILO PDP4210EA1
LG 6871QYH045A Y SUSTAIN Board $70
LG 6871QZH041B X/Z-Sustain Board $70
(unknown) 6870QCE020B video logic board $40.00
3501Q00105A sanken PSC10126FM power supply $100.00
(unknown possible GE) E37610580101 control Board $129.00

thanks,
doccbst
doccbst

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:32 am    Post subject: Re: Ilo PDP4210EA1 42" Plasma Black screen s-video to Reply with quote

Nice forum

tried all that no glory can only asume PS good and next step multimeteer ck video boards , still need some guidence or direction strongly fell maybe error in input panel or dig input due to original faults ? where is dig analog converter located in sys educated beyond my inteliligence, help!!
vtech

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not familiar with the specific set and without some sort of a diagram, won't to be easy to find your way;
You mentioned that problem mainly started when attempting to connect Svid to your computer and before that it was working ok?
Is it possible that SVid buffer circuitry has been zapped.. Just a guess?
Not sure if you can do this but any way to backtrack from Svid and isolate the circuit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vtech wrote:
I am not familiar with the specific set and without some sort of a diagram, won't to be easy to find your way;
You mentioned that problem mainly started when attempting to connect Svid to your computer and before that it was working ok?
Is it possible that SVid buffer circuitry has been zapped.. Just a guess?
Not sure if you can do this but any way to backtrack from Svid and isolate the circuit

I haven't found an exact service manual yet.The ones I have found point to either the main av/input board (E3761-058010-1) or the 3 video boards
LG 6871QYH045A Y SUSTAIN Board
LG 6871QZH041B X/Z-Sustain Board
6870QCE020B video logic board
I would like to consult a service manual or schematic for testing the main input board before purchasing. I just can't seem to find one.
I have extensive documents on testing the video boards but now main is disconnected and would like to test it before reconnecting.
vtech

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if you'd find the exact schematic. (common problem with majority of today's disposable consumer electronics). Sometimes you may have better luck looking up specific IC numbers/datasheets that might give you an idea?
timmysdad216

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: ILO 42'' plasma has no video or sound Reply with quote

I recently acquired a 42'' ILO Plasma TV (PDP4210EA1) and upon plugging it in, I hear it turn on (two clicks towards back of TV) and the LED Light at bottom of TV turns from red to green, as with any TV that is operable. I get no sound or video, just a black screen as if the set was off, but it is on. I am pretty sure after reading many forums that it is the Y SUSTAIN BOARD in the back of the television. I don't want to purchase a new one unless I know this is what it definitely is. (plus the television is so sub-par compared to most Plasma's, it's not worth dumping a boat load into.) Any responses? Help? Is there any soldering to do upon replacing it. or is it just unscrewing the old board, unplugging things, installing the new one and plugging back in? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you so very much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия