electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Samsung 50" HP R 5052 x main board question???
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rphplasma

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Samsung 50" HP R 5052 x main board question??? Reply with quote

Technician came out and was measuring the voltages on the secondary power supply board( I think that is what he called it ). The " Ve " would not measure. He isulated that card from the x-main and then it would read the correct voltage ( 100 ). When he pluged the x-main back in the voltage would not read again on " Ve". So we think it is the x-main board which by the way is running real cool to the touch. The y-main was running hot to the touch as he said it should. My question is what does the x-main board controll ? What are the symptoms of a bad x-main? I wanted to make sure with the forum guru's before going on a wild board chase LOL. My tv symptoms are still black screen at start up , take forever for the pixels to start to light up , dark horizontal band that takes up 80% of screen. You can see the picture but it is real snowy and it looks like there is a dirty overlay in front of it.

Thanks very any input
minnie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad X sustain will be a washed out picture. The X has the sustain pulse that's why it washes out. What's the complete model number and version. It's on a sticker on the left hand side of the tv.
rphplasma

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HP-R 5052 x/xaa. I guess washed out is what the pic looks like. I am thinking x sustain since it would never get hot ( slightly warm ) and when we unpluged it from power supply we could read the voltage.
minnie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it a BN96-03090A or a BN96-02024A? If you don't know post the serial number.
rphplasma

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BN96-02024a and has LJ41-02316a on the board

Thanks Minnie
rphplasma

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://assets.shopjimmy.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/s/j/sjbn9602024a.jpg

This is link to pic of board

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did a litle diagnostic this morning. Unplugged y sustain and no picture at all ( like one would think ). Plugged y back and unpluged x sustain and no change in the bad picture I have been getting. Plugged back in and unplugged panel from x sustain and no picture ( I assume correct). Think I am 95% sure my problem is x sustain. Do you think I am on the correct path?
rphplasma

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minnie,

Do you think the logic board has anything to do with this. What does it do?
Thanks for your input. The service company Samsung set me up with wants the tech to bring out all 3 parts (x sus , y sus , & logic boards). I just want to make sure they are not just going to put all 3 in and say it's fixed ( that is how it sounds when I talk to them since they have to order these parts ) and charge me a fortune when I can get by with 1 part.
rphplasma

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject: Found a video of exactly what my set is doing Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHtI_FQ2uvk&feature=player_embedded
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possible. X sustain $168 list with a $50 core. 15 minutes to put it in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия