electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Gateway VX1120 or Mitsubishi 2060u Service manual?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
klesel80

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Gateway VX1120 or Mitsubishi 2060u Service manual? Reply with quote

Hello

Im looking for the service manual for either of those monitors, I search everywhere and I cant find anything

I have a Gateway vx1120 monitor that uses the Mitsubishi 2060u tube, my problem with it is that the Red is too weak, even at 100% Gain, the green is way too strong and the blue looks normal. I had another monitor of the same type thats the complete oppisite, Red is way too strong and the green and blue were way too weak. My greys have a greenish tint to them that I cant get rid of after hours of adjustments.

I search google for anybody having the same problem but I found nothing, I even tried to solder higher and lower resistors on the red circuit of the CRT PWB, didnt improve anything or even make it any worse.

I gotten the (Go to Factory Mode) to pop up on the osd by holding down the Signal A/B button while turning the monitor on, but I cant figure out how to get into factory mode, I hear you can adjust the color bias/brightness in that mode and among other things.

Sorry for the long read, this would make my day if this problem ever gets resolved, I been spending hours and days trying to cure this problem or get some info about it.

Thanks again
klesel80

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breakthrough

I figure out how to get into factory mode, once you get the Go to Factory Mode to pop up, press the minus button once to get the number 255, then press the + button untill you get to 5 then quickly press the down arrow button, I only done it once so thats all I remember, but factory mode is allways an option in the OSD now, you can adjust all the color, brightness and purity settings anytime you want, if you have any purity problems that cant be cured with the osd alone, this will fix it, also some focus settings, theres alot in there so be carfull, going in there fixed all my problems. R1 B1 G1 are the one you adjust, the higher numbers are for color 2 and 3, as is 1 is color 1. The brightness control is SBRT, and the purity HPUR VPUR, now the focus DBHA DBHP DBVA, I havnt messed with the other modes that are in FACT02, there are tons, all these were in FACT01

I posted this so with anybody with the above problems can fix it themselves without a technician or service manual that costs a bundle.

hope this helps

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the 2060u, instead of pushing down, try left or the right button once you hit 5.
klesel80

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I been told by Alex that to get into the Service menu/Factory mode on the 2060u, once you get to 5, press the OSD off button. One thing I don't understand about these monitors, why not have those color bias brightness options in the osd like some of the Sony monitors do, they seem harmless and you don't have to rely on technicians to set it up for you the way it should be. I dont think a greenish looking mars in Doom3 looks good to me, maybe them, not me, lol.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank god for this post, the reds and greens were too strong on my 2060u and this helped me fix it completely. I have one stunning display now if i do say so myself. Smile

But i was wondering if anyone could possible supply me with a bit more information? On my monitor the settings in F-1 are not named like klesel80 listed in his post so i'm having trouble figuring out what they are. Heres what they look like on mine:

G0: CP P OFF
G1: YHTT
G2: XHL
G3: PQH TL
G4: S3H TL
G5: YVTT
G6: XVL
G7: PQV TL
G8: S3V TL
G9: DBFH AMP
GA: R-BIAS1
GB: R-BIAS2
GC: R-BIAS3
GD: SUB BRT
GE: B LO
GF: WP DDC

Out of those i only know that GA to GD are for color and brightness, the rest i have no clue. If anyone can tell me what the others do i'd really appreciate it. Always nice to know these things before you go messing with em. :p

Also since i enabled the factory mode my OSD now stops displaying on the screen when i make any adjustments outside the factory settings. Soon as i hit the + or - button it just dissapears, still allows me to adjust even though its not visible but i find it very awckward and annoying not being able to see it. There must be some way to set it back to normal but i can't seem to find out how.

Also does anyone know how to access the F-2 tab? i see it beside F-1 but it won't let me select it.
Guest #2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 2060u as well, and the info from the original poster helped me figure out how to enter and exit factory mode.

I managed to fix a strong red cast problem, but now I would like to calibrate the monitor as much as possible in hardware, and am looking for the best way to do that.

Anyway, to exit factory mode, select the "MOD" heading in the OSD, press 'down arrow' to enter the "Go to Factory" screen, press '+' until the displayed value is 10, then press 'OSD Off'.

I recorded all the original values of the F-1 settings before changing some. I wonder if yours are the same. Here are mine:

G0:
1 (CP P OFF)
1 (P OFF)

G1:
106 (YHTT)
116 (YHTB)
186 (YHJT)
127 (YHJB)

G2:
179 (XHL)
254 (XHR)

G3:
61 (PQH TL)
169 (PQH TR)
47 (PQH BL)
125 (PQH BR)

G4:
0 (S3H TL)
0 (S3H TR)
0 (S3H BL)
70 (S3H BR)

G5:
108 (YVTT)
138 (YVTB)
99 (YVJT)
109 (YVJB)

G6:
127 (XVL)
127 (XVR)

G7:
127 (PQV TL)
92 (PQV TR)
117 (PQV BL)
164 (PQV BR)

G8:
254 (S3V TL)
127 (S3V TR)
127 (S3V BL)
127 (S3V BR)

G9:
211 (DBFH AMP)
61 (DBFH PHS)
62 (DBFV AMP)

GA:
69 (R-BIAS1)
70 (G-BIAS1)
30 (B-BIAS1)

GB:
73 (R-BIAS2)
70 (G-BIAS2)
25 (B-BIAS2)

GC:
75 (R-BIAS3)
70 (G-BIAS3)
19 (B-BIAS3)

GD:
342 (SUB BRT)
150 (ABL BRT)

GE:
112 (B LO)
86 (B HI)

GF:
0 (WP DDC)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool thanks for the info. As for the settings being the same nope mine were almost completely different, guess no 2 monitors are exactly alike.

Still would be nice to know exactly what each setting does though, i've noticed there are actually several that seem to affect focus but finding the right combination between them all is very difficult. No matter what i try i can't get the whole screen to have consistent sharpness, theres always at least a few blurry spots. But overall the picture is still better than its ever been so i'm happy. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummm what you guys said makes no sense I can't find any way to make something popup called factory settings. I do have a red tint in the dark shades and my focus is bad. Please help me fix this,. This is the second one of these monitors I've tried and I had no idea there might be a solution to the problem.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nvm I don't read carefully enough

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I got into facotry mode and fixed the color and focus issues as best I could. Then I noticed there's a very faint image in the center of the screen that says:

INPUT CHECK

H>off V>off

COLOR CHECK

I wonder if I played with some of the wrong settings in the fact 01 and made this go from invisible to semi-visible. Does anyone know what else it might be? I don't think it was there before I fiddled with factory mode but I'm not totally sure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия