electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
PA System "BUZZ"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marvin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:20 am    Post subject: PA System "BUZZ" Reply with quote

I have a P.A, system @ my shop that I can not get the constant "BUZZ" to STOP.I've tried speakers-a NEW Amplifier-tried disconnecting one phone @ a time & still nothing stops the "BUZZ" PLEASE Help! If I turn the BUZZ down low so i can't hear the BUZZ - I can't hear a page through through the PA speaker. Sad

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:40 am    Post subject: buzzing Reply with quote

this can be a numer of things , ok with no input is the buzzing still there??

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Intercom buzz Reply with quote

Lots of faults can cause buzz, but no ground or poor or corroded ground connections on shields is a common cause. Inspect the unit carefully to be sure that the shield of all shielded cables is properly grounded where intended without corrosion at the connection. Usually the shield should be grounded at only one end to avoid the creation of "ground loops," where currents circulate around the system via both hard chassis grounds and cable shields. Additionally, any metal cases or plastic cases with a black or silver coating on the inside surface should be grounded via a screw or spring clip.

Another very dominant cause of buzz in audio electronics is SCR-type lighting dimmers or other power control electronics in the vicinity or on the same circuit. If you have any dimmers in the vicinity of the buzzing audio electronics, try either or both turning off the circuit containing the dimmer or chopper control or turning the dimmer to max and listen for a change in amplitude or spectrum of the buzz. If you find any interaction, either eliminate the dimmer function or replace the SCR/Triac dimmer with an autotransformer dimmer. Such autotransformer dimmers are more expensive and bulky than chopper dimmers, but they do not create fast rise-time waveforms that lead to buzz in nearby electronics.

Good luck

awright
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия