electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Service info viewsonic N3735W

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
guest131313

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:00 am    Post subject: Service info viewsonic N3735W Reply with quote

When the tv is plugged in it goes from standby(red) to (blue).
All the buttons for power, volume, channel & menu switch voltage at the main board but have no effect.
I checked all the voltages at the power supply and see 5, 12, & 24v.
Supply voltages look clean and no visual defects on caps.
Trying to come up with methods to narrow area of fault.
When tv is plugged in the inverter will power up for a split second as I see the back light come on dimly for that split second then go off. Blue light on power indicator stays on and all power supply voltages appear to be present.
No picture or sound as well as no effect by any of the buttons. Main board appears to have 3.3 and 2.5v supplies for the logic.
Would like some tips to isolate the fault or possibly a service manual.
Thanks
Guest131313

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got hold of a service manual. Found some problem areas. I am able to generate image to the screen and have confirmed functions in menu screen. Power button is functioning properly. Confirmed power supply, LCD display board and inverter board are all functional. Main board works for most part - may have to modify to get output to inverter board to function properly.
Guest131313

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem is isolated to inverter control circuit.
Guest131313

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Repaired!! Traced down to one bad transistor (not blown) used oscilloscope to pin point bad waveform. TV running for 3 days straight so far.
Solrac

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:04 pm    Post subject: Have Same TV... Reply with quote

I have the same model. TV comes on for a few minutes then shuts off, possible heat build up issues. Trying to locate the heat sensor. Any chance of getting that service manual from you?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия