electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Technics SL-EH600 CD player problem.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:55 am    Post subject: Technics SL-EH600 CD player problem. Reply with quote

Hi. I'm hoping someone can help me with my problematic CD player.
It is a Technics SL-EH600, which is part of the SC-EH600 system. Every CD I try to play starts off OK, but soon starts jumping as the first track progresses. Later tracks on the disc are worse. I found a copy of the service manual online, and have done as much as I can to rectify the problem. I have taken the unit apart and cleaned the optical pickup as best I can. I do not have a test disc, so I have had to use a regular CD, but I chose one that has not been used before and has no scratches or visible imperfections.
I carried out the error code display and servo adjustment function as per the service manual. Initially I got an error code 08, pointing to "focus or tracking gain adjustment not completed in the specified time period", but after cleaning the optical pickup again, the code changed to 04 "best eye (PD balance) adjustment not copmpleted in the specified time period".

I carried out the servo adjustment procedure as per the manual which initially showed Focus system Normal, Tracking system Normal and CLV servo system Normal, but as soon as the CD started to jusp, the Tracking system indication was jumping to Defective in time with the music skipping. I take this to mean that there is an issue in the tracking system causing the music to skip.

Can anyone give me any advise as to whether there are any steps I can take myself to adjust this, or is it a job for a repair shop? The unit is 12 or 13 years old, but works perfectly apart from this issue, and it seems a shame to throw it out, but I also don't want to spend more than it's worth to have it fixed. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
Cheers!

p.s: If anyone wants a copy of the Service Manual for this player just send me your e-mail in a PM and I'll send it on.
kenray

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you may want to try cleaning and relubricating the worm gear.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that. I took it all apart and have lubricated every moving gear, but unfortunately even though I followed the steps to reassemble the cd stacker unit exactly to the letter (and all rebuild tests are ok like traverse deck moves in the corect sense and when it should by rotating the drive gear by hand, cd drawer open in sequence etc), once the unit is powered it looks for a CD by checking all 5 drawers. There is now another problem in that the individual drawers get stuck in position when ther are being moved over the traverse deck. I have pulled it apart about 15 times and everythime I reassemble it, everything looks like it should, but it will not move the CD trays cleanly. If I give them a small push with my finger when they are stuck, then move back into the correct position, but the problem happens again when it tries to check the next drawer.

Also, I put a CD in the unit which loaded correctly, but the skipping problem is still the same!

Looks like I'll be heading off to eBay to sourse another one. Sad

Thanks anyway,
Justmanuals

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $10.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from http://www.justmanuals.com

[email protected]

Need a manual now? Instant Download
http://www.justmanuals.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия