electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
HITACHI Plasma TV P42H401 - Turns on and right back off...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjninke

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: HITACHI Plasma TV P42H401 - Turns on and right back off... Reply with quote

Hitachi P42H401 42 in. HDTV Plasma Television... This TV is 2 years old and doesn't turn on correctly.

1. plug tv into wall (tried 3 different power cords). 2. press main power button (bottom of tv). 3. light goes to red, then blue, tv tries to start up, you can hear a click (relay on main power board), the cooling fan fires up fine, then click and power off... If I wait 5 minutes (until all tv power is drained) and retry I can always get the tv to turn on and work fine for days and days...

So the power supply is bad? Or is it shutting down because of another bad component?

Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited by mjninke on Tue May 11, 2010 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
mjninke

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Service Manual Reply with quote

Also, I removed the back of the tv and used compressed air to blow out the fan. The tv is very clean inside.

Does anyone have a service manual for this tv?
mjninke

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 12:55 am    Post subject: More troubleshooting... Reply with quote

Tonight I unplugged the power from the PSU (CN64) to XSUS (CN23) and the tv stayed on (STANDBY POWER RED LED). T turned it on and the blue light flashed 3, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4... I am not sure what this means since there is a cable from XSUS to YSUS (would be disconnected by default).

Anyone???
mjninke

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject: Service Manual Reply with quote

I have found the service manual... One reason this is difficult to troubleshoot is that there is no blinking codes, as the tv powers off before I can do anything!

ANYONE SUCCESSFULLY FIX ONE OF THESE??? MAYBE I RUN IT OVER WITH MY TRUCK!!!
The_AntiRAM

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Service Manual Reply with quote

mjninke wrote:
MAYBE I RUN IT OVER WITH MY TRUCK!!!

DO IT

Cool
Ozarker

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: I have the same issue Reply with quote

My P50H401 started having the same problem this afternoon... 3,4,4,4,4,4,etc.

Please respond if you have any further details or ideas. Thanks
minnie

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at the Y sustain upper and lower buffer boards for fried IC's.
Ozarker

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: Took ours in for repair Reply with quote

Well, we took ours in for repair on Friday, and were told that the Power Supply and the "Y" board have to be replaced. $450 - $500. We're going to do it because we can't afford to replace ;(
mjninke

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: Fried IC Reply with quote

What does a fried IC look like? There are no visible problems (that I can see).

If I unplug both Xsus and Ysus the TV stays on (doesnt start) but doesnt crash either. If i leave Xsus plugged in and unplug just Ysus I get the flashing lights, but still have power... Could it be YSUS? I was told PS or XSUS are more common?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия