electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Daewoo televideo playback problem
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leia

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Daewoo televideo playback problem Reply with quote

My X-men 2 video worked fine, but whenever I put one of my old Disney videos in my televideo I can hear it fine but there is just fuzz on the screen - no picture at all. The videos are not worn out or anything.

Could it be something to do with the format? My televideo is a Daewoo GB14H2NS. The videos say PAL/VHS on the side and the manual says something about NTSC playback, but I don't really know much about these things and I would've thought it'd be ok, considering I bought the televideo and the videos all in the UK.

If anyone can help I'd be very grateful - I haven't seen Aladdin or Beauty and the Beast for far too long now! Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do your video's that won't play have macro/vision on them? It will say on the back of the video cover. If so there may be a capacitor that you can change the value of to make them play, but your T.V. may start to become unstable.
Leia

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, they don't say anything about that on them.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you are right, it does not say on the videocover but this may be your problem. If you have tv inputs not video inputs, try plugging another video into the TV inputs and see if it is better.
If your video's are PAL you need to play them in a PAL videoplayer. I am not sure of your video format there, but there are a few different kinds of PAL. The differences may be the number of lines per frame or the number of frames per second. I am not sure.
Some PAL videoplayers advertise they have NTSC playback, maybe this is what your unit means?
Leia

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I think that is what it means. I've had a look and on the back of the tv it says:

System: PAL - I/I'
14 inch CTV/VCR Combi VHF/UHF

So if it's a PAL video player advertising NTSC playback, does that mean it won't play my PAL videos?

There's not another video player in the house to try it with.

Thanks for your help! Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.A.L. Phase Alternate Line. Smile
PAL/I 625 lines at 50 cycles per second. Used in the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland, Hong Kong, South Africa and a few other places. I am not sure what PAL/I' is but my guess is that PAL/I is the VHF and PAL/I' is the UHF format. Smile
A PAL/I videoplayer will playback PAL/I videotapes, if it advertises NTSC playback it usually doesn't play NTSC but it will make a picture on your screen from a NTSC videotape. Usually a different size to your screen and not as clear.
I can't find your user manual on the European or American Daewoo site either, If you find it maybe you could post the URL here?
What have you played those video's on in the past? Maybe you could take them somewhere else to try them?
Leia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is the manual, or the closest one I can find going by model number- http://www.de-direct.co.uk/downloadb2b/ibctv/CP062.pdf

I played those videos on a normal video player at home before. It was a while ago though, because the video player got a bit old and worn out and would only play pre-recorded tapes really jumpy/flickery. But this is 3 tapes the same so I don't think there's anything wrong with them.

I'm at uni at the moment so it'll be hard to actually find someone with a video player, so trying them somewhere else is probably not an option.

Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like you have only an aerial input in the back of the unit.

1. You can have the AFC circuit detuned until your videotapes play. As you increase the stability of the video picture, you decrease stability of the television picture.
2. You can have a video enhancer fitted between the videoplayer and the television.
3. You can have a copyhouse, copy your videos without the copyprotection.
4. Stop watching childrens videos!
Leia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In response to your 4th suggestion - how rude! Lots of adults enjoy watching Disney films, even if they don't admit it.

There is a scart input in the back of the unit as well as an aerial input.

Is it something to do with copyprotection on them then? That's a bit odd.

Any ideas how much these things would cost? It might just be worth buying them on dvd.
sparky

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:54 am    Post subject: Daewoo televideo playback problem Reply with quote

If you purchased them both in the u.k then all should be fine as you expect and will not require to use any other connections/sockets as it is a combi and connections are internal and playback settings automatic.

– Has tracking been adjusted? > Adjust the tracking
– Are the video heads dirty? > Clean
– Is the tape old

The only other thing that I can think of is the 3rd in the above list.

I played those videos on a normal video player at home before. It was a while ago though, because the video player got a bit old and worn out and would only play pre-recorded tapes really jumpy/flickery. But this is 3 tapes the same so I don't think there's anything wrong with them.

I wonder if the old video damaged them by creasing or depositing dirt or even partially erasing.
It can be a new tape but just takes one bad recorder to wreck it and like wise the same goes for putting a dirty tape into a recorder then the next one you put in may pick up this dirt.
You really need to look at the tape and see if creased and if o.k then try in another machine. If you don't have one then take them to a local repair shop and ask them if they could try to see if they work o.k. Most would be happy to oblige (something you can't do in a supermarket or from the Internet as many people prefer to do than buy local- you can't beat local repair shops for service and advise).
If the tapes are o.k return the combi for service/replacement.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия