electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
No Audio

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
electricspider

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: No Audio Reply with quote

I have lost all audio on my laptop. mall red circle by the speaker icon, put the cursor over the speaker icon and it tells me no audio device installed. Device manager says the device is working properly, tried system restore and driver updates to no avail. Has anyone got any ideas.
torbjorn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has audio ever worked properly on that laptop? Did you do something special (i.e. installed or removed programs, installed updates for the operating system, ran antivirus software, updated bios) at the moment the audio ceased working?

As a rule, when you need drivers for audio, graphics etc on a laptop computer, don't try to use generic drivers from the Windows distribution disks or from the chipset manufacturer. Chances that everything will work are much better if you only install drivers downloaded from the laptop manufacturer's site. Note that in some cases you may have to do some investigations to know you get the right driver - for instance if the same model of laptop computer has been shipped with two different hardware revision levels or two different audio chipsets.
electricspider

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Audio has always worked fine, then one day about 2 weeks ago I whatched a DVD put the laptop to one sie and when I wen to use it a couple of huors later, no audio. Didn't install or uninstall anything and nomatter what I do I haven't had audio since. Just don't know what to try next.
torbjorn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check in the bios setup that the embedded audio has not become disabled there.
andrzeyek2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe try reinstall audio drivers
clrkrodriguez

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:23 am    Post subject: No Audio Reply with quote

Sometimes children exaggerate sound chips until they overheat and burn. If burned, it will not register. Perhaps the time to turn off the sound board and install an external sound card and software.
bensonbarton

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

u'd better check in the bios setup that the embedded audio has not become disabled there.
RichardWilson

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject: It may be work Reply with quote

I think you have to check your control panel and if you see that there is audio driver installed then just change/remove that. I hope this will work.
jonnI

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think these is a driver installation problem.You should not install the sound drivers properly. First you install a sound driver properly then after I think you have to check your control panel and if you see that there is audio driver installed properly or not.Then your sound can be work properly.
jemssmith

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are using Microsoft Windows Operating System then Go To Control Panel then Go to Sound and Audio Devices and check that volume and all other options should be enabled.If Enable then In the Last Hardware Tab Check No Conflicts and Proper Hardware is Installed.If OK then Reinstall Audio Hardware's Drivers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия