electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Ilo/Viore/Akai LCT32HA36 repair question.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joseph Davis

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:36 am    Post subject: Ilo/Viore/Akai LCT32HA36 repair question. Reply with quote

Hi all,

This Ilo LCT32HA36 displays a red standby light when plugged into the wall. I can press power on the TV or power on the remote, and the red standby light turns green. The rest of the television does nothing, and the television can't be turned off (ie make the green light red again).

So, I crack the unit apart. The tuner board has a cap blown, right below the red LED. The powersupply outputs nothing on the 9 and 12 volt outputs going to the main board adjacent to the tuner board.

I can manage the component replacement, but am wondering if the PS isn't bad - or merely just not being told to turn on because of the tuner card's fault. I'm going to find out the hard way tomorrow, so I guess I'm looking for a little hand holding.

Thanks for reading!

PS - here's a link to a thread with some decent pictures: http://forum.eserviceinfo.com/viewtopic.php?p=109215. The 9V and 12V wires are grey with pink ones in the "correct voltage" picture, and they go into the main board just to the left of the picture.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump
mekkis

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, so I replaced the blown 220uF cap on the Tuner board, as well as 5 others that were bulging a little.... early last week. I finally remembered to bring it home from the shop (where my soldering station is) last night, throw the TV back together and it works!

Now I wish it was a TV of some quality, but free is a quality overcoming many faults.
ccboxing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: dont buy viore Reply with quote

i just got off phone with viore they do not have any tecnical support even though they website said it does ,the nearest repair shop to me is 4 hours away and i live in the biggest city.walmart is responsible fro not knowing about viore.dont buy and if you did complain before its to late
miket342

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: viore and walmart Reply with quote

i am taking both companies to court i found out one month after the warranty expired they dont have any technical support and they wont even give out the corporate phone number
jts1957

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... and they're not even advertising that these sets are "disposable." Crying or Very sad
jjilo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: ILO Reply with quote

The company that make ILO Is Akai
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия