electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Orion Model TV1929 - Need help with reset please
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike_guest

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:22 am    Post subject: Orion Model TV1929 - Need help with reset please Reply with quote

I was trying to reset the V-Chip password by doing the volume at minimum procedure and it didn't work. So I got the big idea to hold volume down(while at minimum) and 8(eight) at the same time. Then the tv volume goes to 32 and turns off. I turned the tv back on and scrambled picture. Nothing I do will improve it. I tried turning it off for a while and unplugging it overnight. Can some please let me know what happened and is there a way to fix it? Thanks...
jts1957

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look:

http://www.freelists.org/post/techassist/Orion-Model-TV1934-disable-Vchip-Password,4
Mike_guest

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried that at first. It did not help fix the V-Chip problem. This is exactly what I did.

I reduced the volume to 0. Held the volume down button on the TV. While holding the volume down button on the TV, I held down the number 8 (eight), not 9 or 0, but 8. About 2 sec after holding, the TV volume went from 0 to 32 (half of the volume bar), and the TV turns OFF. So I turn it back on, and it was on channel 1 (previously on 3 for the sat receiver). So I turn it to channel 3 and it shows a scrambled like picture. The video being received by the TV is "flipping" horizonally and vertically. The picture is quite faint as well.

The V-Chip issue is solved. No V-Chip problem any longer. The issue now is the picure showing on the TV is messed up. My question is what happened when I held volume down button on TV and 8 on the remote at the same time? Like I previously stated, the TV volume went to 32 and the TV turned off. Can anyone tell me what happened and possibly how to fix it? I know theres a guru out there somewhere that knows about this...
Thanks, Mike
jts1957

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You probably put it into a reset mode. Maybe be even different broadcasting standard.
Is the remote the correct one for the set (as opposed to a "universal")?
Does the A/V input work any better?

Notice that link also talks about the service menu. Can you get to the service menu using any of the methods described?
Mike_guest

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I can get into service mode and change any setting available. But no matter what I try to change it does not improve the picture. Still flipping vert and horz. I think it may have reset everything because the V-Chip is no longer password protected.

My menu options at service screen are:
1. H/V
2. AKB
3. COLOR TEMP
4. PICTURE
5. OTHERS
6.TEST PATTERN
8. (VOL TEST)
0. END

I can press the number to select these menus and it gives several options to change things like H. Phase, H.BLK, V. SIZE, V. POSI, V. LIN, V. SC, V COMP, H FREQ... these are all under the H/V menu option 1.

Any suggestions?
Mike_guest

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And no it is not the factory remote. It is a Dish Network universal remote. The only one I have for it actually.
Mike_guest

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TV does not have A/V or RCA inputs. Coaxial only.
jts1957

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about A/V input?

Does your first 'reset' method still have same effect?

Still looking for the service lit. So far no luck.
Mike_guest

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I was originally trying to reset the vchip password. Once the method of reducing volume to zero, holding volume down on TV and 0 on remote did not work, I tried using other numbers. Using 8 instead of 0 did this. There is no vchip password. It has been wiped clean.

So heres what I have come u with.
With Volume at zero, holding volume down button on TV and then holding:

"9" - Brings up service menu
"0" - nothing
"6" - Brings up a blue screen it says the following:

INIT 00 00

CRT ON 0000

I can change the 00 00. But I can not change the CRT ON zeros. Must be a status indicator or something.

Dont know if this helps, but thought I would let you know anyway...

Thanks for the quick replies and for the much needed help...
jts1957

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"8" = ? Also 1 thru 5 & 7?

INIT 00 00 probably initialization - not sure what to set to or if additional steps before / after setting.

CRT ON 0000 probably counter/timer, for amount of time CRT's been "on," whether it is straight hours or expressed, in say, hexadecimal format. See if it changes. I would guess it shouldn't take more than an hour or so.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия