electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Canon Powershot A70 Camera

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oatelly

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Canon Powershot A70 Camera Reply with quote

This camera stopped powering up at all both battery powered and mains powered.
I suspect a fuse and found the parts list. The fuse on the parts list is "MATSU DENKI UNHH205". Unfortunately I can not find anywhere to buy one from. Also the parts list does not specify the exact location.
I have narrowed it down to either a component that is marked "5.F" (that seems to be open circuit) or a component that is marked "22 32AC k" (that seems to be a diode).
Can anyone confirm which component it is and what a suitable replacement would be if it has blown.

thanks for your help,
Olly
oatelly

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next installment:
I found an excel partslist for many cameras which said that the Powershot A60 fuse (same part no) was marked "5F". Also that the Powershot A80 (I think) had a UNHS205 fuse for which I found the datasheet. A 1.8A 50V surface mount fuse.
I replaced with a 2A (closest match I could find) fuse from RS, rebuilt the camera and tried again.
No luck - no power at all.
My next step will be to see if the fuse has blown again (I expect it will have) then I've got the fun of trying to trace the fault and see if it's fixable.
I'll post my findings if and when I get them.
BowerR64

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you take a picture of the part you replaced? have you tested the mechanical lense section to see if thats why its poping the fuse? I had one working then it quit and i noticed some burnt smell and i found a componet on the PWR PCB but i cant tell if its a fuse or what.

One thing i did find was a componet on the corner of the PCB that was lifted and i think this was a vital componet to complete the circuit for the power. It was on the coner under the DC input jack.

Another thing i found out is there is a switch under the PCB that makes contact when the battery door is closed, this is hidden and you wont see it unless you remove the PWR PCB then you can see it. If the door is open or this swith is in the out position im sure it will not power up.
BowerR64

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some images of the part i had blow on me, im not sure why it happened. I got it togehter and it was working fin and then i discovered i forgot the flash shield (flat L shape plastic) i tore it back down and put the shield on and when i put it back together it quit. It was very odd, i thought maybe a screw had shorted out somewhere but i couldnt find anywhere i had put a wrong screw in.

[/img]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my unit the componet marked "5F" was oringaly the componet i found that was lifted. It looked like it just came loose from an impact or somthing. I resoldered it and then put the thing all back together and it worked for a little bit.

If the "5F" is the fuse then that would explain why it wasnt working. But i dont know why this other part blew on my unit.

I swapped boards with another unit that had a lense problem and its working fine now. I either need a new PCB for the other camera or i need to figure out what it is or what it controls and why it blew up.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i asume those 2 componets ARE the fuse. I removed the second componet ont eh topside that was still in good condition. I then used some thin solder to connect the 2 points, i then put the good componet on the bottom and removed the burnt componet.

All is working again.

The lenses on my unit need readjusted they are a little out of focus but im just happy its working now.

I suspected that componet was a fuse because of how it burnt in the center. Im not sure why it blew though.
AndyTheChicken

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for this discussion - I have a Canon Optura 100 MC which will not power up - I suspected a fuse, and the type is the same (UNHH205). Thanks to your posts, I can locate the fuse (the component with 5F written on it) and I can tell that it is working.

For you, this confirms that it is indeed the fuse. For me, it means I have to move on...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия