electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Westinghouse LTV 32 Fuse Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
navjas73

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:35 pm    Post subject: Westinghouse LTV 32 Fuse Problem Reply with quote

My westinghouse ltv, which I use as a computer monitor, stopped working after some sort of power surge (All electronics in the room shut off). I checked the fuse, and it was blown. (5 amp 250 V slow blow ceramic 5x20 mm) At an electronics store an employee suggested I try a gdc 5a- a 5 amp 250 V time delay glass fuse. After plugging in the power cable, the fuse immediately blew. The employee said that the fuse should have worked, and that if it didnt, the tv might have another problem. Should the replacement fuses that I bought work? Does anyone have any other suggestions for fixing the tv?
minnie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a full model #?
navjas73

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Westinghouse LTV-32W1 32 Inch Widescreen LCD TV LTV-32W1
becyn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Westinghouse LTV 32 Fuse Problem Reply with quote

navjas73 wrote:
My westinghouse ltv, which I use as a computer monitor, stopped working after some sort of power surge (All electronics in the room shut off). I checked the fuse, and it was blown. (5 amp 250 V slow blow ceramic 5x20 mm) At an electronics store an employee suggested I try a gdc 5a- a 5 amp 250 V time delay glass fuse. After plugging in the power cable, the fuse immediately blew. The employee said that the fuse should have worked, and that if it didnt, the tv might have another problem. Should the replacement fuses that I bought work? Does anyone have any other suggestions for fixing the tv?

If there was nothing else wrong with the poaer supply, then the fuse should have worked. Something has shorted in the primary cicuit of the SMPS. Don't waste any more time or money on fuses until the actual problem is repaired. Fuses usually blow for a reason, they are usually NOT the "problem".
minnie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.moduslinkptstvboards.com/DPS-210EP-2C-P9987.aspx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия