electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Pioneer VSX-D606S Service Manual please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KMJ129

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Pioneer VSX-D606S Service Manual please Reply with quote

Hello,

Does anyone have access to this service manual? My receiver constantly goes into protect (POWER OFF) mode when turned on. I would like to replace some transistors and resistors to repair the unit.

Thanks,

KMJ129
Boggs

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get the Pioneer VSX-D606S service manual at www.schematics.me
jts1957

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or FREE here:
http://elektrotanya.com/pioneer_vsx-d606s_sm.pdf/download.html
KMJ129

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help. I couldn't get the elektrotanya link to load at work, receiving a "Bad Gateway 502" error. Anyway, I'll give it a try when I get home.
jts1957

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try it now. Wink
KMJ129

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! That took care of it. This is much appreciated.
Ithril

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't seeem to get the link to work....

I
jts1957

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jts1957 wrote:
Or FREE here:
http://elektrotanya.com/pioneer_vsx-d606s_sm.pdf/download.html

LINK - Still working.

You must not be doing something right to download.
txelectrogeek

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Pioneer VSX-D606S Service Manual please Reply with quote

KMJ129 wrote:
Hello,

Does anyone have access to this service manual? My receiver constantly goes into protect (POWER OFF) mode when turned on. I would like to replace some transistors and resistors to repair the unit.

Thanks,

KMJ129

I actually had one of these come across my bench monday 6-29
I spent 2 days troubleshooting
Ended up finding that on my unit would not turn on because a solder joint went cold on the pwr switch relay
After I fixed that the unit powered on in protect mode.

So i started looking at the amp section.

I found a burnt 100 ohm 1/4w resistor on the mosfet board assy location r392
Then found two bad caps on upper amplifier board (which is for the rear and center channels) 100mfd 10v replaced them with 16v 100mfd to protect unit.

The unit still was in protect but resistor did not re blow.

Took upper amp board and unhooked the cable going to it. Powered on the unit and success it worked obviously 2ch only no rear or center channel

So i pulled the upper amp board and inspected the bottom side of it and found that damn near all of the solder joints were broken or cold. Grabbed a soda a roll of solder and solder wick and literally resoldered every single connection on the board.
After 2 hours of careful re working i reassembled the unit and powered it on and viola SHE LIVES!!!!!

Please make sure to discharge all caps before testing so you dont short something out or shock the crap outta yourself like i did hahaha.

Once again a quick way to check is to dissconnect the cable at location J4 on the upper amp board tape the ends so it wont zap anythig ajacent to it. Then try and power on the unit with that board unhooked. If it comes on and stays on maybe even plays sound out of some of the speakers then u know the problem is on the upper amp board like mine was.

If your problem is not on the upper amp board then check all the boards. It cant hurt to check em all.

Check for bad solder joints. A cold joint can look like it has a ring inside of the solder. Not very shiny. Or u can see daylight through the hole. When in doubt re solder all the joints u can and try it again. One bad joint could be all thats standing between silence and sound

Good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия