electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
RCA D52W20

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hotvtom

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: RCA D52W20 Reply with quote

Have an RCA projection TV model D52W20 that has two Vertical lines (Snivits) traveling across the screen from left to right on the low band (Ch2 thru Ch6). Ch4 seems to be the worst. This was the customers complaint in the home and it is also doing it in the shop. Acts like interference from another TV but that is not the case. Do not have a lot of experience with these RCA Pro-Jos and appreciate any help that can be offered.
tmahdavi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject: Audio problem with RCA TV Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a 32" RCA TV which recently started having audio problems after 6 years. The volume sporatically jumps to SAP and goes back and forth from SAP to normal every few hours or days. The remote works fine. When I go to the audio menu, I'm unable to resolve the problem by changing to the other audio (mono, expanded, etc..) options.

Any thoughts.

Thank you

Tony

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Audio problem with RCA TV Reply with quote

tmahdavi wrote:
Hi,

I have a 32" RCA TV which recently started having audio problems after 6 years. The volume sporatically jumps to SAP and goes back and forth from SAP to normal every few hours or days. The remote works fine. When I go to the audio menu, I'm unable to resolve the problem by changing to the other audio (mono, expanded, etc..) options.

Any thoughts.

Thank you

Tony

Caused by bad data from a broadcaster, messing up your control chip.
Other brands are also experienceing problems from this same bad data.
It can be temporaily fixed by unplugging your TV for a few mins, but if you go back to a channel with the bad data stream, it happens again.
Still no news from RCA on when, or how this will be fixed.
If you dont care about Closed Caption, and Parental Channel Lock, any competant service tech, with a schematic for your TV, can clip out the capacitor that feeds the offending signal to your TV's control chip. (pin 15 for the RCA TVs)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Audio problem with RCA TV Reply with quote

tmahdavi wrote:
Hi,

Any thoughts.

Thank you

Tony
SYMPTOM: SET JUMPS TO SAP SOME CHANNELS OR NO CHANNELS HAVE NO
AUIDO.
The problem occuring in the Rca CTC 203,197,195 chassis is in fact caused by the broadcast companies a non-standard signal originating in a particular "XDS box" in the transmission chain (XDS means "extra digital services" and includes closed captioning, auto clock, program guides, VIR color levels, etc, all broadcast in the vertical interval) the signal originating in this XBR box made by the "XYZ" company (name deleted) has 2 extra bits .It causes a buffer overload in the micro and mutes the sound. This XBR box does not truncate the data stream and the extra bits get broadcast.there .This Problem can be corrected.
Portage Electronics.
For information Call (330-297-1491
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия