electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
samsung plasma tv no pic but sound

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
terry504

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: samsung plasma tv no pic but sound Reply with quote

i got a 50inch model number s50hw-ybo1. i learned a trick on youtube on how you could heat tha back of the tv to temporarily restore some bad capacitors. i did it and it worked. the set came on and looked great. i just couldnt find out which board was bad, so i bought a power supply board and the set still didnt come back on, bought a sub power board and still nothing. someone said it had to be the x'main or the ysus board, replaced both of them and still no pic but sound. i'm lost and slowly buying this tv as if its brand new. i'm still suspecting it to be the ysus board cause i had a ton of problems out of the company i bought it from so i would like to find somewhere to have it checked out before i go any further. any suggestions would be great. and i really dont believe my upper and lower buffers are bad at the same time when it came on when i simply heated the back up
sweetguy66

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: missing picture, Reply with quote

it could still be one of the buffer boards, one way to check this is to switch boards if it comeon then yopu have a bad upper or lower buffer board, try it, carl
train123

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terry. You just need to carry the heating trick one step further. If the set comes back on every time you warm up the back, the next step is to use something like a hair dryer and just heat up each board separately. Once you've isolated the bad board, you can then carefully heat up a small area of the board at a time and you'll find the component causing your problem. If you want to take this one step further, you can take a can of cold spray (usually available at electronic parts stores) and spray the suspected part. The bad part will then fail again as you cool it. If you can't find cold spray, you can take canned air and spray it when the can is upside down and get the same result.
train123

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I almost forgot, this trick will also find a cracked solder connection so remember that you could have a bad solder joint instead of a bad part.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия