electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Have Toshiba 53h71 problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Danno

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:16 pm    Post subject: Have Toshiba 53h71 problem Reply with quote

So after replacing the STK IC's, I adjust picture and try to set but it says touch focus error. If I hit "touch focus" on the front panel it scans all the lines green red blue, and then says touch focus error also. What would this indicate as my problem? I can also see really bent green lines in any dark spots of picture, they are very apparent when doing my grid alignment. I have never experience this before with any other set, so what causes this on this one? Thanks.
jts1957

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do ICs have "+" and "-" b-plus reaching them? Are there any changed value/open bias resistors?
Danno

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jts1957 wrote:
Do ICs have "+" and "-" b-plus reaching them? Are there any changed value/open bias resistors?

Where am I checking for + and - b-plus on them? When your asking about the bias resistors, they are the 1.8ohm ones x6 behind the IC heatsinks correct?
jts1957

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jumpers, especially at locations 010 and 050 - resolder. Check F850, F852, F853.

Wherever it says +/- VCC.
http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/datasheets_pdf/S/T/K/3/STK392-110.shtml
minnie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you move all 3 colors horizontally and vertically? Touch focus has to be initiated in the service menu mode also. Very Happy
Danno

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jts1957 wrote:
Jumpers, especially at locations 010 and 050 - resolder. Check F850, F852, F853.

Wherever it says +/- VCC.
http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/datasheets_pdf/S/T/K/3/STK392-110.shtml

All jumpers have been resoldered, and all picos read good. I checked uF on IC's from pin 2 -> 4 = 750uF, and 2 -> 5 = 1300 uF. I'm not sure if that is a problem, as it states in the datasheet that I should get 100uF on each?

minnie wrote:
Can you move all 3 colors horizontally and vertically? Touch focus has to be initiated in the service menu mode also. Very Happy

In the service mode I can move all 3 colours with remote... if I push 7 it says touch focus error... I'm confused to whether or not I have a problem with my IC's still, or one of the boards? It isn't totally impossible that the previous owner moved the lines too far out, I think you mentioned that before, which would cause them to "bend" but how do I correct this? Also, why are the bent lines visible on blank black screen all the time? I have a picture to show it if I could post it here?
jts1957

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything from the numbered pins in circles on up is internal to the IC.
Everything below the numbered pins in circles is external components to the IC for the test circuit.

Can you, in the CUSTOMER convergence menu screen, move the red (blue) color up, down, left and right of the center cross?
minnie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's correct. The only color that doesn't adjust is green. You have my email.
Danno

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minnie wrote:

Originally this is where I did the touch focus. I adjusted all the colours manually after replacing the chips, and then hit TF and it errored... basically from my memory. You hit "7" once your done, and then it locks the lines, and then asks you to do a TF. Then it errors.. I have sent you a picture of what it looks like on the screen.

I was able to move blue and red in customer service menu with no problems.. at all points on the screen (9) What would be my next step?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия