electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Mitsubishi VS 50705 error code 23
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMW649

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Mitsubishi VS 50705 error code 23 Reply with quote

Hi Folk,
Tv is old about 10 years. Shows error code 2-3 horizontal deflection failure. A few years back had a leaking crt, replaced the caps recomended on this site and no problems until today. Need some help with this new problem. Thanks Very Happy Dennis
minnie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd suspect the vertical IC. But here you go:

SHUTDOWN
Cause 1
This model is equipped with a self-diagnosis feature to help with diagnosis of shutdown problems. To activate this turn the unit on let it shutdown then press the input/device and menu buttons on the front panel simultaneously and hold them in for 5 seconds after 5 seconds the power LED on the front panel will blink a two digit sequence. This will be one set of blinks a short pause then another set of blinks, this will repeat 5 times.
1 - 2 = no error detected
2 - 1 = X-ray protect (high voltage or beam current)
2 - 2 = Short protect (short protect monitors low voltage supplies)
2 - 3 = Deflection protect (this could be loss of vertical or horizontal deflection)
2 - 4 = Vertical protect (usually loss of vertical from the source)

1. MAY BE INTERMITTENT, SELF-DIAGNOSIS ERROR 23 OR 24. CHECK SOLDER CONNECTIONS AT CONNECTOR "DY" ON THE YOKES.

2. SHUTDOWN AT POWER WITH SELF-DIAGNOSIS ERROR 23 OR 24. CHECK C411 2200 UFD 35 V AND C412 10 UFD 50 V, BOTH LOCATED ON THE MAIN PCB.
DMW649

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minnie- Tried to pm you but neede 20 replies first. Have a few questions. 1st, not sure where to start. I think I should check the solder connection that you said @ DY on the yolks. Also check the two caps on the main PCB. You also stated your gut feeling is with the vertical IC. Not sure what you mean but I think you mean the convergence IC's on the heat sink part # STK392-110 Sanyo two of these. If so should I just replace these? I read they usually only last 4-5 years, if so I'm on borrowed time with them. How do you tell if they are bad? Just a little more info on the tv. I had no problem with the set and the picture, other then 2-3 years ago with your help I replaced caps from leaking crt fluid. The set was fine and picture was excellent, no troubles at all. Today it doesnot turn on green light comes on then goes right off. I have sound though but no picture. Code comes up 2-3. I know a little about testing and can solder ok so i'd like to give this a try before I put it too the curb. Thanks Dennis
DMW649

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to have all the parts on hand that are most likely the culprit. I'm trying to gather what I will need. Here is what I think I need so far:
1. (2) STK392-110 for IC8C01 &02
2. (1) 2200UFD35V for C411
3. (1) 10UFD50V for C412
4. New heatsink lube for IC's
5. I'm not sure but I read somewhere to check the pico fuses that supply the 24 volt (+/-) to the convergence IC's that sometimes go bad. I'm looking a view of IC8C01 would the pico fuses be connected to 4&8 (-24V) and 5&10 (+24V). Not sure if these are even the fuses? The chart does not say where they are or what size they are. Any help would be appreciated. I'm just going to try this once and have whatever parts that are most likely the prime suspects on hand. Just trying to save this set from the scrapyard.
jts1957

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VERTICAL DEFLECTION IC LA7845N IC451.
minnie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jts1957 wrote:
VERTICAL DEFLECTION IC LA7845N IC451.

He is correct! Very Happy Sorry been busy... I also forgot to tell you to check for fluid on the signal board from leaking CRT tubes....

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi folks just want to thank you for your help and quick responses. I took out the chassic over the w/e and upon inspection I found a few caps blown on the main board(Cap 903,904.951, 952,954,& 955). I looked for leaking fluid from the crts, not there this time. I replaced a few caps last time and it worked fine since. Anyway does these blown caps shed light on a different problem, or should I go ahead and replace ICLA7845N, two stk392-110, caps C411 & C412 along with the other caps above that I know are bad. Need a little advice on what to do and what parts to order. Very Happy Thanks, Dennis
jts1957

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're the "captain piloting the ship," the "nut behind the wheel," etc.

You decided the STK chips were involved.
Your evidence for this is?
DMW649 wrote:
Not sure what you mean but I think you mean the convergence IC's on the heat sink part # STK392-110 Sanyo two of these.

I'll agree with the 900 series caps, Vert. IC. Also C451 100ufd.
DMW649

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jts1957- Thanks for help and fast reply. Very Happy Dennis

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jts1957 need some help with cap numbers to order them. C451 was able to read A9939 105c 100uf 50v. I'm unable to read the 900 caps they melted and are now gray goo. Here are the bad caps C903,904,951,952,954 & 955. Would appreciate the uf/v info so I can order them. Thanks, Dennis
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия