electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
protron PLTV3250 looking for what part location is

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msprk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:36 am    Post subject: protron PLTV3250 looking for what part location is Reply with quote

Hi to all
I have a protron plat3250 lcd tv
and the power supply is blown out
all the caps were blown and i replaced them all .
IC7 blew out since the caps were blown and i replaced that to .
my question is that im looking for the located part
ZD3 diode -- and what it is .
im also looking for the part D11 diode and what it is .
these 2 diodes also blew out when the caps took out the IC7 .
i can not find this service manual out there ,
is this company out of buisness or have a diffrent web site .
if some one could help me out on telling me what ZD3 and D11 is this is what im looking for .
thanks
msprk
vtech

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Protron; another yingyang attempt to copy and benefit from the name PROTON & sued by PROTON. It was based out of Ontario California & supposedly merged with digital lifestyle---another yingyang defunct adventure.

May be able to determine components from the datasheet for IC7? Was the zener tied to any of the lines with blown caps? If so, the dc rating of the cap can give you a hint.
msprk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:39 am    Post subject: protron pltv3250 part location Reply with quote

the ZD3 and D11 diodes is the part that is in line after IC7
the caps are in front of the IC7 and the caps took out the IC7 and then went on down the line to the diodes and the diodes protected the rest of the curcuit .
these 2 diodes are the only thing that is holding me up on getting this up and running again .
and you said that protron was sued so in that other company the right place that i might get a part request from
and do they have a web site .
msprk
vtech

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no website and Protron has nothing to do with Proton who has a website. Seriously doubt you could find any information. Most if not all these sets are using modules from other obscure manufacturer's without any support. If you want results , reverse engineering is your best bet.
"diodes protected the rest of the circuit"..; if that is the case and everything is ok, you should be able to power up the circuit. Measure what the line(s) are running at and select a slighly higher zener value as a crowbar--not that difficult.
OR as i mentioned earlier, check and see what is the voltage value of any electrolytic capacitor further down that line. it will give you an idea of what DC level supposed to be present and you can select a zener.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия