electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
CD RW Issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
[email protected]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: CD RW Issue Reply with quote

I own a Philips PCRW1208 CD-R/RW, and have a crisis – The CD drive refuses to read any CD I put in. It was working fine over the past year, but since yesterday it has not worked. I am currently running Windows XP SP2 and was wondering if anyone has a link to a working driver for my CD or any other suggestions to help fix my difficulty.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried uninstalling the CD-RW Drive by right clicking My computer then properties. Then click hardware tab then click device manager.

Now there should be one called DVD/CD-Rom Drives if not it might be called CD-Rom if you dont have a DVD Drive. Double click it then it should says something like what you said your drvies called Philips PCRW1208 CD-R/RW. Right click it then uninstall it and restart Pc when Pc starts up it will install it again.
slydog

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could many things causing your drive not to read a CD.

1. dust inside the drive on the laser lens (use some canned air)
2. motherboard or bad PATA/SATA cable
3. check device manager if it's still installed (very rare as XP auto installs)
4. power supplying the drive

Most of the time I have seen this failure it is due to dust on the lens, a bad cable, or just a bad drive. CDRW drives are cheap like $20 so repair is not economical, just buy a new one.

Slydog
[email protected]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check if there is a device conflict

=======================================
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия