electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
MAGNAVOX 50MF231D/37 50HD
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
solex98

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 5:11 am    Post subject: MAGNAVOX 50MF231D/37 50HD Reply with quote

Help needed: I just purchased a used, non working unit MAGNAVOX 50MF231D/37 50HD. The symptoms are: As I try to power it up I hear 2 clicks, blinks and that's it! No picutre, no nothing and it goes back playng dead. I was told it needs a new power pack. If it's just to change the power supply board (LJ44-00108C PS-504-PH Part REV: 0.7) for about $ 300, I would not be that upset about my investment. But could it be something else? Please advise. Tks,...

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further...Does anyone know where I can get this power supply board (LJ44-00108C PS-504-PH Part REV: 0.7) for less? Tks again....
RABB

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: 50MF231D/37 Reply with quote

DO YOU WANT TO SELL THE TV?HOW MUCH?
Audioplus93

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 50MF231D/37 Reply with quote

RABB wrote:
DO YOU WANT TO SELL THE TV?HOW MUCH?

Have one that's supposed to have intermittent power problems, haven't checked it yet, interested?

Dan C
Audioplus93

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Magnavox 50MF231D intermittent power Reply with quote

Think I have similar issue? Unit powers up, green led's stay lit in back of IR sensor and center of main chassis. There are 2 ea green led's above the power input that lite up, then shut down. No menu display. Service evaluation claims Light Engine and PCB Assembly needs replacement, any idea what part #'s these are?
Thanks you,
208 255-2604
Spok

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: magnavox, 50mf231d/37 Reply with quote

zlordzod49 wrote:
Quote:
solex 98, free advice is very hard to come by, but your problem is not from your power supply ,replace your multi video / tuner pc board, the software has gone bad, zlordzod
..........zlordzod49, Have you fixed one of these plazma tv's before? And how do we trust your advice? Th Cool ese Plazmas are expensive and for the price of replacing parts that aren't correct,could be spent on another product...
Raligh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: The problem root cause. Reply with quote

Replace 2 capacitors on the board right in the middle of the back of the screen, has 8 screws and 7 connectors. They are side by side. Both are the same value. 3,300 uf (microfarad), 10 volt. They are EASY to see.

The tops of the bad capacitors are bulged outward. The tops of every other capacitor on the board will be smooth and flat.

Then go to www. support. phillips. com and download the software upgrade for your model onto a flashdrive and plug it into your tv. Now cut the tv on and the software upgrade will take place automatically (It's best to select the "auto" part at phillips .com when you download the software).The tv will display "upgrade successful" and prompt you to remove the flashdrive and restart the tv.

I have repaired 3 so far. All required the same repair. All sets were 2 years old.

Note: replace the board for a new one will not warranty that the new board will not have the same defect after a while unless it has a revision update fixing the issue and to avoid this lemon.

This post is from: Barney in Raleigh, NC USA
quietflight72

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: The problem root cause. Reply with quote

Raligh wrote:
Replace 2 capacitors on the board right in the middle of the back of the screen, has 8 screws and 7 connectors. They are side by side. Both are the same value. 3,300 uf (microfarad), 10 volt. They are EASY to see.

The tops of the bad capacitors are bulged outward. The tops of every other capacitor on the board will be smooth and flat.

Then go to www. support. phillips. com and download the software upgrade for your model onto a flashdrive and plug it into your tv. Now cut the tv on and the software upgrade will take place automatically (It's best to select the "auto" part at phillips .com when you download the software).The tv will display "upgrade successful" and prompt you to remove the flashdrive and restart the tv.

I have repaired 3 so far. All required the same repair. All sets were 2 years old.

Note: replace the board for a new one will not warranty that the new board will not have the same defect after a while unless it has a revision update fixing the issue and to avoid this lemon.

This post is from: Barney in Raleigh, NC USA
I am having the exact same problem. I have no picture so how can I access the menu if nothing pops up on the screen?
sbrose

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:02 pm    Post subject: Capacitors 105c or low ESR? Reply with quote

I too am repairing a 50MF231D/37. Like the post said, the 2 caps in the middle are bulged out. I ordered same type 10v 3300uf 105c (M) and the same but low ESR as I read that they produce less heat and are of higher performance. Neither is expensive. Is it a good idea to replace te caps with the 'orginal equipment' or is using the low ESR a better long term fix?
toycobbler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Capacitors 105c or low ESR? Reply with quote

sbrose wrote:
I too am repairing a 50MF231D/37. Like the post said, the 2 caps in the middle are bulged out. I ordered same type 10v 3300uf 105c (M) and the same but low ESR as I read that they produce less heat and are of higher performance. Neither is expensive. Is it a good idea to replace te caps with the 'orginal equipment' or is using the low ESR a better long term fix?

I just took the back off of mine and found the two capacitors are bulged.
Did you stay with the factory equipment or did you go with the low ESR and if so what were the results?
Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия