electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Atec AV370D Standby/going off fault

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Avinitlarge

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:35 pm    Post subject: Atec AV370D Standby/going off fault Reply with quote

Hi
Ive got an Atec AV370D TV to repair. The fault was supposed to be "Goes off after ten mins" after looking at it, I cant even get it to stay on. Sometimes it comes on for a few seconds then goes off and the standby light stays orange and sometimes it wont come one at all, Just the orange standyby light. I fitted a full set of caps in the PS and it worked fine for about 48 hours, last night it started going off every 10 mins or so, now it comes on for about 5 seconds then shuts down and the standby light is orange. Any suggestions??

Regards
Paul

Last edited by Avinitlarge on Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Avinitlarge

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some pics if it helps

Avinitlarge

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I may have found the problem. There is a 1.8V regulator in the middle of the main board (U24). It is getting stinking hot. When I tried to remove it, 2 of the legs dropped off which lead me to think that is the problem. The number on it is ams1086cd-1.8 but its got a few equivelents that are available from RS. Ive ordered a pack that should be here in the next couple of days.
Avinitlarge

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitted the reg and the set seems to be fine now. I bought the TO-220 version and mounted it on a heat sink. I wasn't happy with how hot it was getting without a heat sink
vtech

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done. Most if not all components in consumer electronics are close or up to their max limits with not much headroom.
Avinitlarge

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think thats why they fail so often. Ive seen older CRT TV's last for years with no problems and the only thing that created heat was the heaters in the tube.
MrPK21

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:44 pm    Post subject: AV370D orange light Reply with quote

Avinitlarge wrote:
I think I may have found the problem. There is a 1.8V regulator in the middle of the main board (U24). It is getting stinking hot. When I tried to remove it, 2 of the legs dropped off which lead me to think that is the problem. The number on it is ams1086cd-1.8 but its got a few equivelents that are available from RS. Ive ordered a pack that should be here in the next couple of days.

i have the orange light problem. i see the 1.8v regulator. it is not getting hot.
i have measured the voltage i get nothing on the 1st leg 0.97 on the 2nd and 4.something on the 3rd.

i have tryed replacing the power board with no change to my problem. Shocked

help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия