electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
vizio wont power on

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimdrechsler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:35 am    Post subject: vizio wont power on Reply with quote

I have a VIZIO VW32LHDTV40A. It was plugged into a surge protector. Where the tv was plugged in, it sparked and turned black on the outlet when my son went to pull the plug out. Ever since then the TV will not power on at all. No light or anything. I am guessing it is the power supply board. Does this sound correct? Is there a way to test the power supply board? I took it out already. I want to be sure it is that before ordering another one and replacing it.
Thanks,
Jim
Justmanuals

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most problems with Vizio TV's are power supply problems. I have the service manual for this POS, but it does not include details on the power supply.
I've got 2800 TV manuals, I sell more Vizio manuals than all other manufacturers combined.

[email protected]

Need a manual now? Instant Download
http://www.justmanuals.com

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone think it is more than the power supply board, or should i try and change that for 40 bucks? or dump the TV?
thanks
jts1957

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only "guaranteed" is death and taxes. Cool

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agreed. but i didn't want a guarantee. i just wanted people's opinions. i'll have to find another website.

thanks anyway!
jim
train123_not logged on

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is most likely your power supply but there is no telling how far into the TV the damage went. The power supply is designed to take the brunt of a surge and you can only hope it stopped there. If you have a multi-meter, we can discuss a few simple tests you can do.
minnie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's kind of a no brainer. Most sets have standby power lights that when you turn it on, changes color. If you no longer have the stand by light that means the primary on the power supply has no voltage. If the primary can't fire up, neither can the secondary. No stand by light equals bad power supply. http://www.ebay.com/itm/VIZIO-VW32L-HDTV40A-Power-Supply-0500-0505-0530-/370498097820
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия