electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
KDS60A2000 Sony Grand Wega

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rlreynolds

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: KDS60A2000 Sony Grand Wega Reply with quote

Ok need some more help please. I replaced the lamp in my sony grand wega 60" KDS60A2000. After it is powered up for 25 seconds or so it will the lamp and picture will turn off, and the sound still works, no relay clicking heard. Then after about 15 or 20 seconds it will turn back on only to stay on for about 20 seconds and turn off again. It has a new phillips bulb. I measured the dc voltage going into the ballast board and the 390 - 400 volts remains at the input while the lamp is shutting off. Is there another connection to the logic board that can turn the enable and disable the lamp through the ballast board. Someone please advise me on what to check next please, I am an electronics tech so please someone help me. Has anyone seen this problem before? Thank you much
minnie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the picture goes out, look behind the set to see if the lamp is still lit. If not, suspect you bought a defective lamp.

Ok, didn't see:
http://forum.eserviceinfo.com/viewtopic.php?t=90525

What your saying doesn't make sense. "remains at the input while the lamp is shutting off." How do you know? If you see the input on the screen the lamp isn't shutting off or you wouldn't see it....
Rlreynolds

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: Sony KDS60A2000 Reply with quote

hey minne thanks for the reply. I had my DMM hooked up to the input of the ballast board with the back of the tv off. It was measuring 390 - 400 Volts DC. so even when the lamp turned off the voltage stayed at the input to the ballast board. The place I bought the lamp is here in town, they said I could bring it back and he would swap it out for me. So from what I am reading from what you said, is that if the input to the ballast board remains at 400VDC when the lamp turns off, then it looks like a defective lamp correct? Thank you
Richard
minnie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bet is a bad lamp. Your ballast is doing what its supposed to do. I use the Phillips PHI387SRL and relamp it. The Phillips bulb is the OE bulb minus the cartridge.
Rlreynolds

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: KDS60A2000 Reply with quote

Well minnie that took care of it. I swapped out the lamp, they gave me a new one, they tested it and said it was not firing correctly. Anyway all is well with this tv. I will give it to my mother in law so I can watch the football games this winter when we visit their house! Thank you all again.
Nothing but problems

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:58 pm    Post subject: Aggravated with KDS-60A2000 Reply with quote

My KDS-60A2000 has been nothing but problems. In 5 years I have replaced the lamp 2x and the fan in the back hasn't worked correct for a few months now. I have to use a pencil to "jump start" the fan while hitting the power button. Now, it won't even turn on. The red light is blinking 6 times...not quite sure what this could be or how to fix it. Help please. Thank you
minnie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 lamps in 5 years is normal. So it hasn't been a problem set. 6 blink means your missing the 5 volts. Replace the G board A-1186-654-B and fan I'm guessing it's 1-787-333-11 because you didn't say which one and it will work fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия