electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
IGBT Cross Reference STGB10N50A

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magnetite

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: IGBT Cross Reference STGB10N50A Reply with quote

I'm trying to repair a voltage regulator that has a blown IGBT marked STGB10N50A. I have the datasheet for it. I can't find anyone that sells it, and I can't find a cross reference to an IGBT that might work. It's rated 500V, 10A at 100 deg. C, 20A at 25 deg. C, 100 watts at 100 deg C.

It's in an application that will probably have 220 volts and about 3 amps with 60 Hz switching. Can anyone help me find a source for a replacement - either identical or a reasonable substitute. All I really need is the number of something available from one of the big online parts houses Newark, Jameco, etc.

Thanks for any help.
vtech

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a device manufactured by ST micro?
Have you tried contacting them? While it is not shown on their site, there are many others. Sometimes it may be a device manufactured for another name brand equipment or simply something that has been replaced by a better device.
Is this for a motor driver application or switchmode power supply? 60hz is too low of a frequency?
I can see the 10amp500 volt rating but what is important is the switch time on/off rating.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vtech wrote:
Sounds like a device manufactured by ST micro?
Have you tried contacting them? While it is not shown on their site, there are many others. Sometimes it may be a device manufactured for another name brand equipment or simply something that has been replaced by a better device.
Is this for a motor driver application or switchmode power supply? 60hz is too low of a frequency?
I can see the 10amp500 volt rating but what is important is the switch time on/off rating.

Yes, it's manufactured by ST Micro. I checked their site, but didnt' see a phone number or any listing for the device.

It's in a voltage regulator for a an engine powered 120/240V AC generator. It's connected between a 200 V+ supply and a 24 ohm rotating winding. Specs on the gen say the winding gets between 20 and 60 volts DC to produce a field that spins to produce the 120VAC output voltage (which is monitored and feedback adjusts the output voltage.) There are two independent 120VAC windings that can be connected parallel or series for double power 120 only or 120/240 operation.

I was probably wrong about the switching frequency. It's probably much higher.

I'll try contacting ST Micro and see if I can get any info from them. Thanks for the suggestion.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called ST Micro. It's not anywhere in their computer system. She said it must have been obsoleted many years ago.

I think I'll try to sub an IRG4BC30U. The specs are similar
for IR vs ST:

Vce is 600V vs. 500V
Ic 23A vs. 20 at 25C
Pd 100W both at same temp 25C
Vce (sat) 1.95-2.1V at 12A vs 1.85 (no max specified) at 10A
Vge (threshold) 3-6 vs 2-4V
Both without the internal diode

Finding a comparable Vce (sat) and high enough Pd was hard for something in stock. I don't have a circuit diagram, so I know very little about how it needs to perform.
vtech

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a pretty solid device. The turnon/off ratings are in the nanosecond region and very stable.
If there is no issue with the winding, it should be more than adequate.
More that likely it was made & stamped specifically for another OEM supplier. Seems like a common practice to disown the number. I use to run in to the same situation with other brand semiconductors.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия