electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Fried invertor board

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
braddblk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:37 am    Post subject: Fried invertor board Reply with quote

I have a phillips 42" lcd that lost to begin with half the backlight, a year later I finally got around to opening it and found a obviously fried inverter board. It is the master and I found a replacement. Here's the question if I replace this board how likely could be that something else fried it and I would fried the new one.
train123

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a pretty loaded question based on how little info you've given. A trained tech would need to know your model number, board number that failed and which parts are fried. Then they would get a copy of the schematics, analyze the area of failure, know enough electronics to see what is all connected to the fried components and analyze the characteristics of the parts, hook up various test equipment to measure waveforms or current draws and/or you just try replacing it and see how good your luck is.[/u]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The short answer would be that from experience which while I am a trained tech it was 40 yrs ago and not on lcd monitors/tv's is this a common problem that can be caused elsewhere in the tv mentioned. I have worked on several systems that while one componet could fry on it's own it was a guessing game until you devopled that experience. What I have found out is that these boards in this model do commonly fry and there is even a mod to the board that is suppose to prevent it.
minnie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replavcing the inverters is probably all it needs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия