electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
bk 2125 oscilliscope

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonmessenger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:26 am    Post subject: bk 2125 oscilliscope Reply with quote

Hey all, I am new to the forum, and new the wonderful world of electronics. I just purchased a bk 2125 oscilliscope, off ebay. while the unit seems to be functioning i am having some trouble. I have the owners manual, and the application guide, and have been going through the first use and probe calibration procedure. the unit dispalys both traces, the component checker works, it draws a circle for a capacitor, an angled line for a resistor, a bent line for a diode etc. so it would seem that the defection plates are functioning but when I hook to the cal output, or try to see a signal from my arduino board i can't see the vertical parts of the waveform, the horizontal part is easliy visible, but nothing on the vertical. while fiddling with the probe just touching it to my finger i can see a complete waveform, albeit jumpy and wierd, and i can use it to measure straight voltage etc. the pos controls work, as well as the chop mode and everything else. I am just wondering if there is some simple thing that i have overlooked? the square wave is the proper voltage (.2) and the wave is 1 graticule wide at .5ms. The probes are 100mghz 1X10

tell me what kind of info you need to know from me to help me figure this out.
Thanks
vtech

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the intensity/brightness/focus has any effect on the missing part of the trace?
jonmessenger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, the problem persists at all intensity levels, some more playing around and i have been able to see some wave forms but not square ones. wierd huh?
vtech

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to electrotanya and get the schematic and check for any visuals inside.
Also check around the blanking circuit.
jonmessenger

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tried the link, and for whatever reason, it won't download the pdf file, as for the second half of your reply, I have no idea what you mean.

Could you explain it further?

Thanks
vtech

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Electrotanya has a limit of 2 dload per day and it does work. Need to click on the "get manual" at the bottom of the page that may not show up right away.
Thought you were familiar with circuitry.
Suggest doing a little research if intrested? Blanking circuit is part of a video/ deflection circuit used with CRT application.
jonmessenger

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, in the first post i kinda mentioned that I was new to this world. But thanks anyway. I have noticed in dim lighting, and high intensity that i can sort of see the verticals, but it's ok because the scope served the purpose that i bought it for, i was able to see my pwm wave and determine what the problem was. And as for the rest of the wave forms it works fine. I am not going to go tearing into the machine, I know when I have exceeded my limit.

Thanks for the help though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия