electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sharp 28LF92H power cycling

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:01 am    Post subject: Sharp 28LF92H power cycling Reply with quote

Hi All,

I have an Sharp 28LF92H that is power cycling (red/green) LED constantly it has powered up twice but the picture was tilted to one side and as soon as i touched the widescreen mode button on the remote it went into the power cycling again.

I have searched the net for answrs but have seen a few people with the same problem but no answers to this?

I have the schematics but as i`m not a engineer (just hobbiest) i am asking you guys as you are Guru's compared to me Smile

Please help point me in the right direction to fix this as i don`t have enought money to pay for repair.

Thanks
drone

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:56 am    Post subject: sharp lf Reply with quote

As a hobbiest I really dont think you should attempt this but I can tell you whats wrong.
IC 602 an EEPROM device is faulty,its not a problem to change but you must obtain correct one as their are many diff variations of how its been programmed and fitting wrong one will make matters much worse,assuming you are still getting a picture and the frame IC hasnt been damaged as frequently happens when EEPROM fails,after fitting EEPROM it will require some setting in the service menu I wont tell you how to get into service menu until you consider the job in hand is within your capabilitys Confused
ShaGGy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank for reply drone,

Yes i i am capable of changing the IC, how can i determine which one i need ? (i.e what has been programmed on it).

You say "assuming you are still getting a picture and the frame IC hasnt been damaged as frequently happens when EEPROM fails" i have only tried the tv on 3-4 occasions since power cycling fault appeared and have managed to get a picture twice, when i did have a picture it was fine except the top right hand side of the screen was tilted in about 3", and as soon as i touched the widescreen button on the remote it went into the red/green power cycle.

would the frame IC cause the tilted screen symptoms ?

Thanks again for your help.
sharpy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:17 am    Post subject: help Reply with quote

could you please tell me how to get into service mode as its the only thing i can find how to do!
ShaGGy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have access to the EURAS Internet System (http://www.euras.com)? as they seem to have the answer to my fault (see topic).

Sharpy service menu is:-
enter the MAIN MENU
and then press the digits 4, 7, 2 and 5 respectively or press MUTE and INFO buttons at the same time.
Hope this helps .... beware i don`t know what damage you can do in this mode so don`t mess with it if your unsure.
ShaGGy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShaGGy wrote:
Does anyone have access to the EURAS Internet System (http://www.euras.com)? as they seem to have the answer to my fault (see topic).

Sharpy service menu is:-
enter the MAIN MENU
and then press the digits 4, 7, 2 and 5 respectively or press MUTE and INFO buttons at the same time.
Hope this helps .... beware i don`t know what damage you can do in this mode so don`t mess with it if your unsure.

P.S the board is 11AK45B5 is this helps anyone aid me with my problem.
egg

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you ever get this problem sorted as the same thing is happening to my set any advice.
DejaVu

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have this set and the screen is 'shaky' has anyone got any ideas what the problem is? Can I adjust something in the Service menu or is a component blown that needs replacing?

Any help would be grateful.
essam

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: help Reply with quote

just press menu and frequently press 4,7,2,5 from the remot conytol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия