electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Harman Kardon AVR 7000
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Srinath

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:27 am    Post subject: All 6.3 to 10 Reply with quote

Yea I understand, but there is a few more 6.3v 1000mf caps on a few other boards too. Searching it now ... Actually there is only 2 more on the whole amp. I am going to hunt down and replace those as well. Hopefully they are not hard to find.

Now while I have it apart is there a way to test and check that input board, or is this likely to be it.

There is for sure an issue in the headphone setup. It acts like its shorting ... short bursts of static and the whole flashing display thing

Cool.
Srinath.
Srinath

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Replaced it, and wont power up Reply with quote

Hi all,
I replaced those caps. I now cant get it to power on.
I can push in that button and the standby yellow light comes on. Press in that button, and it used to change color and become green then it would click 3-4 times and fully light up and make sound. I now cant get past the yellow light stage. I cant imagine why what and how what went wrong.
Thanks to everyone who can help.
Cool.
srinath.
vtech

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point, go back and check & re-check your work specifically the polarity of the caps. There is no reason to have a POWER issue now? More often than not it is a man made issue OR perhaps a connector or a board is not making contact? That is one busy unit and a lot can go wrong.
It is always a good idea to get familiar with the workings of the unit by going over the service manual. If everything seemed to be in order, the next step would be to verify all your standby voltages at power on. The busier the unit, the more that needs to happen and often in sequence.
Srinath

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:23 am    Post subject: Will do Reply with quote

I got the caps on right I am sure. But I will check.
Standby voltages ? that I will ahve to check as well as if I left a pigtail/plug un connected, but see I had it apart ... more than 3 times. I will get it checked again.
Cool.
Srinath.
Srinath

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: protect Reply with quote

As per the manual it could be in protect mode.
I will check that as well as the headphone jack, I am certain something is not right with that one.
Thanks.
Srinath.
Srinath

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Unplugged it all Reply with quote

I've unplugged one board at a time and I am not getting it to come up at all.
I suspect its a something in that power supply board.
I am thinking I'll hotwire the input relay. Its the simplest step to bypass that main supply board.

Cool.
Srinath.
jts1957

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "Follow the Smoke" method.
Srinath

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:54 am    Post subject: sadly Reply with quote

Well what can I say, there is a switch that turns on 1 relay, that relay activates another relay which then connects the transformer to the rest of the amp.
I cant see what is preventing the sequence from occouring, if there is a reason there is an overload ... well there isn't cos I've disconnected everything. Power amp, disconnected, the video board, its outside, the dsp board (original source of problems) outside, nothing is left. Really, there is 2 more connectors before the amp is in pieces ... fine I'll do that then try the shorting of the relay.
I cant disconnect the output side of the main transformer ... Ok fine I can, that is the next step then.

Cool.
Srinath.
Srinath

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: That push switch Reply with quote

The push switch with the led (the on/standby switch, not the off/standby one) switches on the voltage supply to the small transformer. The small transformer also powers the protect relays ? If that transformer is dead or something by that is dead, it wont turn on at all, as in exactly what is happening.
Thanks.
Srinath.
Srinath

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: headphone jack Reply with quote

Could it be an overload triggered by a headphone jack short ?
It was already iffy before I pulled it apart ... as in the rest of the amp was fine in 2 channel mode, the headphone still didn't work.
Thanks.
Srinath.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия