electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Harman Kardon AVR 7000
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Srinath

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: found a swollen cap. Reply with quote

Ok Got the next swollen cap, C520, a 10000mf 16v cap on the main board.

That cap gets AC from the transformer and is like a smoothing cap just after the set of diodes setup like a bridge - its a smoothing cap on a +5VD.

I will check the line and see if it is to the caps that had blown on the dts board.

I cant imagine this not letting the amp come up.

However I am still analysing the amp, essentially looking for a problem on the supply board.

If not, I guess I'll put it back together and see what happens. I may put ti back together a bit differently, so I can remove the supply board without pulling the whole amp apart.

cool.
Srinath.

Cool.
Srinath.
Crabbypattie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: harmon kardon 7000 Reply with quote

I bought a hk avr 7000. hooked it up and it worked great. I finally figured out how it works kind of. I only want to use it as a two speaker stereo so I want it on surround off which puts it into two speaker stereo mode. It worked great for an hour or two but now there is no sound in the left speaker. I can hear it just barely but that is it. Both sides work in the other modes but not in Surround off which is the only one I want to use. I read the post that says to change the caps. on the board. Think that will fix it? Why does it work on the left side in the other modes? Thanks.
Srinath

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Kaput like mine Reply with quote

I found a few swollen caps on the DSP board - as you are looking @ the face of the amp its the one on the left side - just left of centertoward the back of the amp.
The swollen cap tops are actually near the middle of the amp, just left of the mid point of that unit. If they are swollen, they may be to blame for its misbehavior, however there is a 10,000 mf, 16v cap on that 3v and 5v supply in the bottom board, if that is bad, - it was on mine, the amp may not come alive again.
Cool.
Srinath.
Srinath

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: USB camera Reply with quote

Y'know if you had one of those usb cameras, you could get into the main board onto the left side of the amp as you are facing it, and look @ the cap top to see if it was swollen. Mine would have easily been seen with a usb camera.

Cool.
Srinath.
Srinath

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: What does +3v3a or +5vv mean in the schematic Reply with quote

What does "3v3a" mean in a schematic, I see it next to a connector like it comes out of the rectifier bridge then the smoothing caps etc then it says +3v3a. I also see it in - else where, and I see +5vd or +5VV or -5VV ...

What does that mean exactly.

Thanks in advance.
Cool.
Srinath.
Srinath

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:20 am    Post subject: Relays not clicking. Reply with quote

In the attached pic - I am not getting the relays to click. Both RLY 451 and 452.

What could be at fault. The transformer does seem to work fine, it gets warm as well as light up the LED for standby.

But the relays need to click on to get the big transformer to get into the circuit. What could be at work - or not at work here.

Thanks.

Srinath.
Srinath

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:35 am    Post subject: Pic Reply with quote

How to put a pic ? have to put it in as a URL ? cant upload form harddrive ?
Thanks.
Srinath.[/img]
jts1957

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

via a Photo-sharing site, as one possibility.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,
Recently i have been experiencing some problem with my HK AVR 7000.At some point the speakers start to produce some sort of a weird or a clipping noise.I think it has something to do with my receiver.I found a video on youtube of the same receiver with the same exact problem.If someone can help me out i would be glad.When the clipping sound occurs either if i press the 'test' signal button on my remote (checking if the speakers are connected) or if i turn off my receiver and then turn it on.the sound becomes fine completely until this occurs again (at no certain point in time).
Below is the youtube video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWrpBCtH2wg

I am not that technical but if someone can point out where the problem lies i'll ask any electronic technician to change that specific part so that my problem can be solved.
Many Thanks
ark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия